Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
I joined this forum because of CaLibre

Me, I'm a reader a long time. Just bought a e-reader (BeBook) and I'm very happy with it. When trying to find out what format might be the best, and how to convert a stumbled at ... Calibre.
What a great tool. It's really good - special by doing the work in the background -. Also the news-reader is great!

Well thats it for the moment.
Reader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead Reader2!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
welcome to MobileRead, reader2

Stick around, and you'll find lots of friendly helpful people.

Be sure and download some of the books available here, under "ebooks".

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Reader2 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
hello reader2 -- welcome to MobileRead. You're right. Calibre is a wonderful program and we're glad that it brought you to MobileRead.

I've been using Calibre for a short while, but I'm not yet skilled in knowing what settings to use, so I just leave things on the defaults. I'm hoping that the smart people who put it together picked pretty good defaults.

What kinds of books have you been reading on your BeBook? Have you downloaded any of the books from here? I have a personal goal to read Anthony Trollope -- particularly the Barsetshire Chronicles.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find lots of information here!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
Whow, thank you all for such a welcome. To be honest: I got this BeBook now for about 2 weeks and did read less than ever. Finding books, trying out formats, fiddling around with CaLibre - special the news. That's a great functionality. And last but not least yesterday I booted openinkpot and with ssh explored my reader. Once a nerd ...

What's on my reader (and SD's) now: well as I wrote calibre-news (have to find out how to get my favorite sites), some howto's I always wanted to read, a lot of (english, that's what is most easy to get) books: the complete -Lovecraft, -Asimov, -old russian masters, -Huxley, -Orwell ... ... And a lot of philosophy. I guess I over did somewhat - never mind it's almost vacation & travel time. Oh some piano music sheets also. Thats it.

There is one thing I miss and thats the smell of a book when it's new. Oh and another thing I only got 8 favorites in my BeBook reader - far to less untill I really start reading, I hope.
Guess whats a ptty - I mostly travel by car. I realized the negative about that when I just loaded my reader.

Thx again, and nice to read you all.

Last edited by Reader2; 06-18-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Reader2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, calibre, fomat