Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #466
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Unfortunately I don't have a high resolution device and I can't easily make the required changes without doing a lot of testing. So I doubt I'll make these changes.
Of course, that's ok. Still love the CR3, and will keep using it for sure. The plusses outnumber the minuses by far. Thanks for looking anyways, and who knows if you'll get some high resolution screen at some point in time. I'll be looking forward to that
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #467
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'd like to have a bigger screen actually but I think it would be too big for transportation as I constantly have it with me.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:02 PM   #468
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
I know what you mean, the Inkpad doesn't fit most pockets. So I carry it in a softbag and handle it with a bit of care. I don't have it on my every day though.

The good part is that Inkpad is high res and has a large screen, so it reads like a hardcover instead of a pocket edition. Actually, I find it easier to hold than a 6 inch reader, it has a bit more body to it. Best is that there's more text on each page which makes reading that bit more relaxed. I don't know why exactly, perhaps I keep a better overview of the text, not having to turn the page so often. Again much like hardcover vs pocket edition.

CR3 somehow saves the battery, as power drains much slower than the stock reader. It lasts 4 weeks on a single charge, sometimes up to 6.

Maybe in the near future, there will be more flexible screens and having a larger screen on you wouldn't be a problem when twisting/cracking screens is a worry of the past.

Last edited by joepie; 05-14-2016 at 07:07 PM.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:28 AM   #469
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Anybody using this on the old PocketBook 360? I just bought one used, waiting for it to arrive.

If so, how is it working for you? Any quirks or advice?

Aloha!
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:18 AM   #470
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

v0.0.6-17-49
Quote:
- Updated freetype to 2.6.5
- Built with the new 5.12 SDK update
Old 07-21-2016, 06:02 AM   #471
maxberl
maxberl began at the beginning.

Device: pb touch lux 2
Thank you for your very good work !!!, the lighting by largement is great! (Only thing I Regrete after kobo), it is regrettable that the original pages indexing is not returned, but it is only a small regret
maxberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #472
marmistrz
marmistrz began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch
Are some of the prebuilt binaries compatible with PB 622 Touch?
marmistrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #473
jane10021
jane10021 began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin V3, pocketbook 360
I'm looking for Cool Reader (or FB reader) for the Pocketbook Ultra. Is there a version of the CR for the Ultra, and if so, where?
And how do I install it on the Ultra?

I always used the FB reader on my pocketbook 360, I heard the CR is just as good as FBreader but I wonder if it is indeed the same or what are the differences?

thanks!
jane10021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:35 AM   #474
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane10021 View Post
I'm looking for Cool Reader (or FB reader) for the Pocketbook Ultra. Is there a version of the CR for the Ultra, and if so, where?
And how do I install it on the Ultra?
You must look to the first page of theis thread and read it.

The right version: The hint is the first figure in the versionnumber of the firmware of your Ultra, and the last one in the name of the ZIP.

Quote:
I always used the FB reader on my pocketbook 360, I heard the CR is just as good as FBreader but I wonder if it is indeed the same or what are the differences?
It's not same. CR ist better. FB uses only it's own stiles, CR can use the stiles in the book. And it knows more about html than FB.
faltradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:02 AM   #475
jane10021
jane10021 began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin V3, pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by faltradl View Post
You must look to the first page of theis thread and read it.

The right version: The hint is the first figure in the versionnumber of the firmware of your Ultra, and the last one in the name of the ZIP.
Well, I read the first page (and lots of the following) at least 2 times, and I see the pb 632 mentioned. I see in the tread the 360 and touch and some others mentioned, and CR not working or not known to work.

So I still wonder if I can use CR on the Ultra (haven't got one yet, but my 360 is almost gone) and if so, where can I get it and how do I install it.
Sorry for not understanding the cryptical hints
jane10021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #476
brucelee
Addict

PB Ultra is using FW5. It should work since functionality doesn't vary by device but by firmware.
There is only one place the downloads are placed: releases (It's mentiond in the first post)
You need the pro5 variant which corresponds to FW5.
To install unpack the zip file and copy the system dir in your device.

Last edited by brucelee; 08-19-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:11 AM   #477
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
Of course, that's ok. Still love the CR3, and will keep using it for sure. The plusses outnumber the minuses by far. Thanks for looking anyways, and who knows if you'll get some high resolution screen at some point in time. I'll be looking forward to that
I'd like to install CR3 on a inkpad. On github I don't find any version adapted to this eReader, which would you recommend?

Thanks!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:21 AM   #478
brucelee
Addict

Since the same question rises around from time to time, I've added an Install section in the first post of this thread and in the github readme:

Install:
Quote:
Grab the zip corresponding to your firmware from the link above. (Check the firmware from your device menu)

360 -> PB360
pro2 -> FW2.*
pro4 -> FW4.*
pro5 -> FW5.*

After downloading the zip file, extract it and copy the system dir to your device (overwrite the existing one)
Old 08-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #479
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Thank you brucelee!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:56 AM   #480
SatorArepo
SatorArepo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 / Kobo Aura HD, PB touch lux 3
No dictionary

Hi,
I use CR 0.0.6-17-49 pro5 with FW 5.14.615
since last FW update CR doesn't find my dictionaries any more. I have definitely installed some and they show up in fbreader.
Now that I had a closer look at it, I find that the global.cfg has changed.
The old version has entries for dictionaries like:

dictionary=ABBYY Lingvo® KD (En-De)

The new one goes like:

dict: /mnt/secure/dictionaries/English_German.dic=√

Perhaps that's a reason? Any Idea??

Thx in advance

Sator Arepo
SatorArepo is offline   Reply With Quote