Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #27151
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe you should say you think you restored most of the files? In case you did manage to miss a few. Besides, it'll keep her nervous, which is what you want, for future behavior!

But on the whole, Well Played, friend!
Thanks I'm pretty sure I can restore everyting, except for the files she put on the hard disk, did not share through dropbox, and wiped from the laptop. Those files are zapped.

If it turns out a picture or movie is missing, then it's quite easy for me: "So that file didn't recover. Sorry, bad luck. Be happy you lost one file, and not 4,5 years of pictures and movies."
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #27152
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, LG Volt, & an iPod Nano.
If I mean to write "too" I'll swipe over the "o" twice. My dear Swype keyboard, how hard is that for you to understand?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 PM   #27153
poohbear_nc
Where Did 2015 Go?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Cats ... the final frontier .... will be the death of me ....

So, sharing a house with 3 felines leads one to develop curious habits ... such as locking the prescription meds in a hall closet, since Stella cat can (and does) open all cabinet doors ... and can chew off a 'child-proof' cap... and has (fortunately) survived several occasions of swallowing human meds ...

Tonight I had opened the closet door for my after-dinner meds and made sure I had securely latched it shut. Later, hearing rattling noises, I discovered Stella cat lying on the floor, pushing her paws under the closet door and trying to open it. Goldie was right beside her. I shooed them away a couple of times, and then got out the can of compressed air, snuck up, and blasted Stella with it -- she shot half-way up the door.

After a brief lull, Stella was right back worrying at the door. I decided to take a more direct approach and yanked the door open shouting "Here! It's open now! Are you satisfied?"

And was mortified when Sammie cat scurried out from the closet ...

It seems that Sammie cat had snuck into the closet and gotten locked in -- she loves hiding in closets and never makes any noise when she gets locked in. Poor Stella was trying, in her best Lassie fashion, to tell me that Sammie was trapped! And she was trying to rescue Sammie!

So now I have:
Sammie cat sulking over her incarceration
Stella cat pretending to be terrified of me and running away from me
Goldie cat just plain confused

Sigh, time for the BIG bag of treats ....

The Moral of this tale? You can always depend on your cats to make you look, act, and feel like a total fool ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:28 PM   #27154
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Time for a cat-harsis methinks... for all of you.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:46 PM   #27155
poohbear_nc
Where Did 2015 Go?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Time for a cat-harsis methinks... for all of you.
Hairballs instead of hubris?

But yes - a group hug followed by lots of lap time .... sigh
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:12 PM   #27156
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Cats ... the final frontier .... will be the death of me ....

<snip>

The Moral of this tale? You can always depend on your cats to make you look, act, and feel like a total fool ....
I can't say that we've had any real Lassie action around here, but lock a cat in a closet? Oh, yeah. You have my sincere sympathies, and given the nasty E Coast weather, I sure hope you have MANY treats! ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness