Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Robin Gardner
Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kindle
Seamless Web Browsing

Hi,

First of all thanks to the mentions my site has had on this forum

Just to let you know that you can now download the "Book Of The Web" on your kindle so you can browse the web just as easy as any book or periodical stored on your kindle.

Get it from http://www.readingthenet.com/bookoftheweb

Robin
Robin Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
great idea but i didn't notice any formatting improvements over using the standard browser.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
Robin Gardner
Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Robin Gardner can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
great idea but i didn't notice any formatting improvements over using the standard browser.
You should find that the default font size is a lot bigger (or select own size), text is justified with margins and pages should load much faster.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
fulltimer
Enthusiast
fulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K2, K3(3G-WIFI), Fire
I have been unable to change the font size.

I click on the drop down menu and select the desired size and click "SAVE" but nothing changes.
fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Robin Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
I have been unable to change the font size.

I click on the drop down menu and select the desired size and click "SAVE" but nothing changes.
Did you try this on your Kindle or on another device? If it was a kindle did you use a K2 or K3? Currently the site really just works for the K3 as I don't have any other devices to test with. If you had the problem with a K3 then I will look into it.

Robin
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Robin Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Gardner View Post
Did you try this on your Kindle or on another device? If it was a kindle did you use a K2 or K3? Currently the site really just works for the K3 as I don't have any other devices to test with. If you had the problem with a K3 then I will look into it.
Just remembered one other thing - If you were using a Kindle make sure that you don't have javascript disabled.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Robin
might be an idea to tell people it's only working on K3's for the benefit of those with different models
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
fulltimer
Enthusiast
fulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

I am using it on a K3 3G+WIFI.

How do I enable enable javascript or check to see if it disabled?

don
Old 02-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
fulltimer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
I am using it on a K3 3G+WIFI.

How do I enable enable javascript or check to see if it disabled?

don

I found it.

From the Browser window click MENU Button and select Browser Settings.

Enable Java and enable Images.

The text select menu works now!

Thanks

don
Old 02-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Robin Gardner

Quote:
might be an idea to tell people it's only working on K3's for the benefit of those with different models
I don't have a K2 so I can't test it myself but one user says it worked great. If more people with a K2 could try the site and report any issues I will try and fix them.

Robin
Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
max99
Addict

Quote:
I don't have a K2 so I can't test it myself but one user says it worked great. If more people with a K2 could try the site and report any issues I will try and fix them.

Robin
there's also the DX and Dx-graphite models to consider. look forward to seeing your project develop. if there was some way to add my own links to the book it would be fantastic.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Robin Gardner

Quote:
there's also the DX and Dx-graphite models to consider. look forward to seeing your project develop. if there was some way to add my own links to the book it would be fantastic.
Well the next major feature will be to allow users to login to the site and store their own bookmarks. This would then be available from the web book via a "My Bookmarks" section. In the meantime you can suggest sites to be included in the next version of the book via this form http://www.readingthenet/bookoftheweb/suggest.

Robin
Old 02-06-2011, 05:01 AM   #13
lobsters15
lobsters15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
I have just purchased a Kindle 3g and I was encouraged by Robin Gardner's advice re browsing. On looking at other forums(Amazon), I was surprised to read that the 3G will only connect to Amazon to buy books and to Wikipedia. What is the true story? Does the Kindle 3g allow me to browse the internet and can this activity be accomplished in Europe? It either can or cannot. I purchased my Kindle (it has not arrived ket) after reading Robin Gardner's encouraging posts.
lobsters15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Robin Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsters15 View Post
I have just purchased a Kindle 3g and I was encouraged by Robin Gardner's advice re browsing. On looking at other forums(Amazon), I was surprised to read that the 3G will only connect to Amazon to buy books and to Wikipedia. What is the true story? Does the Kindle 3g allow me to browse the internet and can this activity be accomplished in Europe? It either can or cannot. I purchased my Kindle (it has not arrived ket) after reading Robin Gardner's encouraging posts.
Hi,

The kindle 3G will allow you to surf all the internet via wi-fi everywhere. Browsing via mobile 3g/GPRS maybe restricted in some countries. I'm not exactly sure which these countries are. Maybe somebody on the forum knows of a source for this info? However I do know that UK is fine and my sites gets users from a lot of european countries i.e germany, russia, hungary, czech, ukraine, slovakia etc.

Robin
Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
Robin Gardner

I just found this for further info about where 3g internet access is available:

http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusers...hread-759.html