Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #46
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Thanks Ronw, the pictures at Amazon are fine. It looks nicely snug, and doesn't seem to add too much bulk. Together with shipping, it costs more than I expected, but then again, it is real leather. Hrm...
Try here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kobo-Leather-...item4150589e07

I purchased my cover yesterday
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #47
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Try here

Thanks! The greater number of choices makes it even harder for me to decide on a cover now, but that can also be a good thing.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #48
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happy to spread the joy
Old 07-15-2010, 01:29 AM   #49
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Quote:
Try here

Darn - missed out on that offer!
Anyway, my case arrived today (the same as the one listed in this link) and I'm quite pleased by it. The thickness makes the entire thing about the size of a regular paperback book which is fine with me as I was worried that it'd be too thick.

Of course the case does make it weightier but I'll take that disadvantage in order to protect my Kobo.

The fit is perfect, with the only potential problem being that one of the straps fits directly over the power button at the top - I was worried that this would constantly turn the power on/off but it doesn't appear to have happened (yet).

The front right edge of the case wants to lift up a bit around the top and bottom edges but stays flat around the clasp area. I have a feeling that when the leather softens this will get better but I'm also considering weighting the edges down overnight to get it into proper conditioning.

All in all, I'm happy

Hope this helps!
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #50
sabredog

It does! Nothing like a user review

Many thanks
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #51
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Quote:
It does! Nothing like a user review

Many thanks
Anytime - I know how much I rely on user reviews from you guys as well

I will let you know how things go as I use it (good and bad) over the next week or so.
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #52
sabredog

Got my case today. MOST impressed!

Recommended.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #53
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here's my homemade case. I made sure to put the soft side of the velcro on the back of the Kobo. I barely even notice it when I'm holding it out of the case. Mostly I just keep it in the book cover. The foam core on the left is ugly but necessary so the cover doesn't push on the D-pad when closed because until there is a better sleep mode that doesn't shut down I am not upgrading my firmware.

Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #54
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil doesn't litterTom Bombadil doesn't litter

Device: EeePC, nook 3G, kobo1, DSi, DS Lite, Sony PRS-350.
Nice case Duiker. Love it. Great matching title and size with Kobo I made a cover similar to that from scratch using hard cardboard, elastics, and cloth, but I rarely use it unless for transport.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote