Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
LBook Firmware ini files

There have been quite a few new LBook Firmwares posted in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80822

For those who like to experiment with them, I guess the major hassle is to have to customize all the settings of CoolReader each time you upgrade to a new version: hyphenation, font spacing, margins, button functions, etc. I've found in the-ebook-org a very practical solution.

Download the following ini files:

crengine.zip

Unzip and put all the ini files into the Root/crengine folder (it should be there already). Don't change their names or they won't work. Open an ebook in any format (let's say a fb2 book). CoolReader will be working now with all my settings (Note: short press on menu button for menu settings). Now customize it the way you prefer (hyphenation, font spacing, margins, button functions, etc.), and all your settings will be saved to the corresponding ini file (in this case the 'cr3-fb2.ini'). Connect your reader to your PC. Open the cr3-fb2.ini file, select all, copy. Then open the other ini files and substitute their contents with the one of the cr3-fb2.ini file. This way you can keep all your settings, no matter how many times you change or upgrade your firmware. To be safe, make a backup copy of all the ini files in your computer.

You can also keep a different set of settings for each ebook format. There are many interesting settings to explore in the ini files, even the background color.

Hope it helps. If you have any trouble, just erase the ini files from the crengine folder.

Last edited by sein; 04-25-2010 at 03:48 PM.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Thank you

Thanks for posting the new ini files. I had some older ones from SourceForge, but it looks like some new settings are available for configuring the cache in the new files that you posted.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Yes thanks. Very helpful.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Yes thanks. Very helpful.
They are. Except for the one for TXT doesn't work. Text files won't load if the ini is active.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
They are. Except for the one for TXT doesn't work. Text files won't load if the ini is active.
TXT files aren't opened by CR3 by default are they? I tried opening a couple of TXT and it opens with the same viewer as .mobi files. Do you add the .fb2 extension to for CR3 to open the file?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Text files won't load if the ini is active.
Try this ini for loading text files. I have had no problem doing so.

cr3-txt.zip

Solicitous:

CR3 opens text files by default. You don't need to change its extension to fb2.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
Try this ini for loading text files. I have had no problem doing so.

Attachment 50568

Solicitous:

CR3 opens text files by default. You don't need to change its extension to fb2.
Yes that works. Thank yew.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
oscarb
oscarb began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
open pdfs with coolreader

is there a way to open pdfs and all other formats with cool reader???

I mean, I love that viewer, it's way better than any other on the ezreader pocket pro
oscarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
sein
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarb View Post
is there a way to open pdfs and all other formats with cool reader???

I mean, I love that viewer, it's way better than any other on the ezreader pocket pro
No. Unfortunately CoolReader doesn't open pdfs, nor epubs directly (you'll have to change the '.epub' extension to '.epub.fb2' for CoolReader to open it). It handles txts, rtfs, htmls, and fb2s.

Last edited by sein; 06-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
oscarb

Ohh what a shame!

Ohh that's a shame =S, but I guess I can still convert my pdf's to epubs with calibre and then add the fb2 extension to it right? not the most practical solution, but still a good one =)

Thanks sein! n.n
Old 06-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Ohh that's a shame =S, but I guess I can still convert my pdf's to epubs with calibre and then add the fb2 extension to it right? not the most practical solution, but still a good one =)

Thanks sein! n.n

Yeah... but you can just use calibre to convert the file directly to fb2, and then export only the fb2 file to your device. I use BookDesigner...
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
oscarb

ha that's right!

Quote:
Yeah... but you can just use calibre to convert the file directly to fb2, and then export only the fb2 file to your device. I use BookDesigner...
Haha That's right nimblem, i didn't think of that =P thanks for the tip!

p.d BookDesigner is windows only, and i'm on a mac, good thing calibre is multi-plattform
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #13
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Haha That's right nimblem, i didn't think of that =P thanks for the tip!

p.d BookDesigner is windows only, and i'm on a mac, good thing calibre is multi-plattform
Calibre creates some really really poor FB2 files since it does not completely follow the FB2 Schema in creating its XML files. You can also create really good FB2 files with OpenOffice and the OOoFBTools plugin, which does run on the Mac. If you are satisfied with the Calibre FB2 then that is the easiest way, but if you desire better it is possible with OpenOffice. Also, the latest Buggins firmware does not require the filename extension modification for CoolReader to open EPUB, all you need is a long press on the selection number for the EPUB book file that you want to open in CoolReader.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 AM   #14
Riiyachan
Riiyachan began at the beginning.

Device: Purple EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Calibre creates some really really poor FB2 files since it does not completely follow the FB2 Schema in creating its XML files. You can also create really good FB2 files with OpenOffice and the OOoFBTools plugin, which does run on the Mac. If you are satisfied with the Calibre FB2 then that is the easiest way, but if you desire better it is possible with OpenOffice. Also, the latest Buggins firmware does not require the filename extension modification for CoolReader to open EPUB, all you need is a long press on the selection number for the EPUB book file that you want to open in CoolReader.
sorry but where can i get this buggins firmware? im using Lbook 513 right now, is it the same?
Riiyachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #15
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiyachan View Post
sorry but where can i get this buggins firmware? im using Lbook 513 right now, is it the same?
Might pay to hold off a bit. The last few I have tried seem to run the battery down quite fast.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote