Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
impayler
impayler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony PRS-505 not on the list of supported devices in Calibre?

Hello all,
I am new to this site and Calibre. In fact, I am getting my Sony PRS-505 e-book reader tomorrow. I downloaded Calibre, went through setup and noticed that Sony PRS-505 is not on the supported reader list for SONY. I only see Sony PRS 500 and Sony Reader Pocket/Touch Edition. What should I be selecting?
impayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Pocket/Touch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
impayler
impayler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Pocket/Touch
thank you. Will give it a try. May I ask why Sony PRS-505 does not appear on the list, browsing through the demo video I see it did before. Older model, etc.?
impayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The PRS-500 and the Pocket/Touch models all report themselves with the same ID so that they cannot be told apart. This is a purely cosmetic issue as Calibre treats them as equals
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Calibre connects to the 505 with no problems, impayler.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
sony 505, sony 505 experience