Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
grant.ben08
grant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Add Nadsat dictionary to KPW

I just started reading "A Clockwork Orange" and I wondered if it would be possible to add a Nadsat (the made up language Anthony Burgess used in the book) dictionary within the Kindle. Some of the words are easy enough to define based on context clues and some you can just make up a definition for but sometimes I just draw a blank.
Or could I just find on online and add the words to the pre-existing dictionaries? I really don't want to have to stop reading every few pages to look a word up.

Last edited by grant.ben08; 02-04-2013 at 03:08 PM.
grant.ben08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Legitimate request. Atfer all, Android user's have one. Shouldn't be too difficult to create : the vocabulary is not that big. See in the Dictionary FAQ (second sticky of this forum) for a reference to tools for creating your own mobi dictionaries.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
grant.ben08
grant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the end

After looking at those instructions it seems to be a bit complicated to make a dictionary and after reading down the thread i get the impression that some of the software I need is only available in Windows and I have a Mac.
Is there anyway for me to add them to the pre-installed dictionaries?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
grant.ben08

Maybe it would just be easier to make a .pdf of the terms and add that to my Kindle.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Dictionary v0.1

Enjoy
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert