Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Penny1507
Penny1507 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glow
Unhappy Nook Glow Screen Problem

I just bought a Nook Glow on Friday. Waited weeks for it. Yesterday, Monday, I noticed a little line or flaw under the screen. When I turned on the glow light it looked like a spot that light poured out of. It is very annoying. I had only used the NG for three days. I had a cover on it from the first so I don't think I caused this, but I didn't notice it when I got it. I can't believe I did it though. If I did I have no idea when or how. Thinking this screen is too fragile for me. Went back to B&N and they authorized the return of it for a new one, but I'll have wait about a month again... Wondering if I should buy something less delicate???? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome.

IIRC Engadget or someplace similar had the same problem with damaging theirs. Something to do with the screen protector (or whatever it's called) that's part of the light setup.

I'm sure someone will be able to come up with a link.

EDIT: It was Gizmodo...
http://gizmodo.com/5907053/you-reall...-simple-touch/

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-05-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Penny and welcome to MobileRead.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Old 06-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Penny1507

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Penny and welcome to MobileRead.
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Penny1507

Thanks. I'll check that posting!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Penny1507

I found another discussion about the screen below. Sounds disappointing.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ow/m-p/1346548
Closed Thread

Tags
delicate, fragile, nook, nook glow, screen