Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
fidjit
fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Be "wary" with warranty calls..warranty starts from ACTIVATION date

Just a quick heads up.

28/9/2011 My son's Kindle had a broken screen so I emailed the CSR line and within seconds got the international phone call back ( I'm based in Australia ) to see if there was some sort of swapout/refurb scheme.

The CSR was very good, looked up my records and advised that I purchased it on 13/9/2010 and as such it wasn't under warranty and it would cost me $65 for a replacement. I'd pulled up my Amazon order screen by then and had found the order. Being overseas and having been purchased during their "busy" period last year I noted that the unit itself didn't actually ship to me from Amazon until the 22/9/2010 and I mentioned this to the CSR.

She then advised me that warranty was actually done from the date the unit is activated. I couldn't see this on my screen but she pulled it up and found it was activated on..... 28/9/2010.

As such my warranty scraped in by 0 days . Within 5 days I had my replacement kindle and the broked one was on its way back to Amazon.

Fantastic service by Amazon, the CSR was really good, I told her that the screen looked broken and she didn't even flinch or ask any more questions, just put in the claim.

Just keep this in mind if you're trying to do a warranty claim.....warranty starts from ACTIVATION date

(Oh and weirdly enough I actually got a ad based replacement unit which isn't supposed to go internationally. Given that it's only the screensaver and on the bottom of the screen, I'd actually consider buying one if available internationally for the $$ saving. It's pretty unobtrusive )

Last edited by fidjit; 10-05-2011 at 06:19 PM.
fidjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
For a lot of problems the warranty doesn't seem to matter.

My mother's kindle stopped charging because the USB connector on the bottom edge got damaged somehow. She called Amazon customer service and they replaced it without any questions. I am pretty sure it was well out of warranty.
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I just had a call with amazon CS and apparently my warranty started before I even got kindle since amazon registered kindle immediately. It started on the day I ordered it. The 30 days period I can return kindle also started on that day. I lost about a week because of that. It seems strange. I always though that it starts once you receive it.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote