Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
irow
irow began at the beginning.

Device: none
strange characters in epub book

when i load the book into calibre and open it, some characters so up as a strange looking A character

how can i fix this? the book was originally meant for adobe digital editions.

irow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by irow View Post
when i load the book into calibre and open it, some characters so up as a strange looking A character

how can i fix this? the book was originally meant for adobe digital editions.

Those are not strange
Those are curley quotes incorrectly rendered because the codepage declaration is incorrect. In the conversion screen, try setting (force) the codepage to: CP1252 (other suggestions are in the Balloon help)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just use the Modify ePub plugin, and choose the "Encode HTML in UTF8" option, this is exactly the situation it is intended for.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote