Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
"See a Kindle 2 in your city" get together thread

Ok, I have this idea. How about if Kindle 2 owners can meet with other (prospective) owners to share their wonderful new experiences. Sounds great?

I suggest you write down in this thread whether you own a Kindle 2 or not and where (city, place, etc.) you would like to meet.

Tad

EDIT : please do this by adding a post in the "the official "see a device in a café near you" hookup thread" ! if we keep all these posts grouped together it makes it easier to find them.

also, PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THE MOBILEREAD FRAPPR MAP !! you can mention which device you have (if any) in the comment.

thanks !

-zelda pinwheel
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey tad, this is a great idea, but we actually already have a thread for organising individual meets ! it's in the "which one should i buy" forum over here so you might not have seen it. rather than creating a second one, perhaps we could ask people to add their message to that thread and keep everything all together.

also, a great way to find people near you when you want to see a device is to add yourself to the mobileread frappr map ! please do that as well ! you can even leave a comment to say which liseuse you own.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey tad, this is a great idea, but we actually already have a thread for organising individual meets ! it's in the "which one should i buy" forum over here so you might not have seen it.
I know, but I think most users here don't about the other thread.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
They'd know about it when there are new messages and it moves to the top of the new messages list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

actually it's a sticky. so how about i make this thread a sticky as well, but add a link to the original thread in the first post, and close this thread ? i think it's best to keep all these posts grouped together.
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Count me in the group who had no idea that thread existed. When I came to MR, I already knew what reader I'd be buying, so never popped my head in there.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

okay well then i'm going to make THIS thread a sticky but also add a link to the original thread. also, please don't forget to add yourself to the mobileread frappr map !
Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Ok, I have this idea. How about if Kindle 2 owners can meet with other (prospective) owners to share their wonderful new experiences. Sounds great?

I suggest you write down in this thread whether you own a Kindle 2 or not and where (city, place, etc.) you would like to meet.

Tad
Why does it have to be strictly Kindle2's?

Why can't it just be a "meet and show off your e-book reader device "like the others here? You aren't even including K1 owners!

The K isn't the end all of devices, and people need to start realizing that.

Its not a "one size fits all' device, and there are other just as worthy ones out there.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Why does it have to be strictly Kindle2's?

Why can't it just be a "meet and show off your e-book reader device "like the others here? You aren't even including K1 owners!

The K isn't the end all of devices, and people need to start realizing that.

Its not a "one size fits all' device, and there are other just as worthy ones out there.
that's quite true, desertgrandma ! and thanks for pointing it out. the original thread is for ALL devices, including but not limited to kindle2s. i think the idea to make a thread specifically for kindle2 is because it's new and is getting a lot of media attention, and you can't see them in a store anywhere. so that's understandable.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
Patrisha
Patrisha began at the beginning.

Burlington, VT

I have a Kindle 2 to show if anyone is interested.

Patrisha
Patrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
tylerdurden51
tylerdurden51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
does anyone live near san fran, CA?
tylerdurden51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Tyler, if you are just looking to see a K2, you can use the Amazon "see a Kindle in your city" discussions page also.
Here is the link for the California page.

http://www.amazon.com/tag/see%20a%20...d_i=1000230941
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Sorry, but I coudn't stop laughing when I read the thread title. Kind of like a car meet, but for kindles
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Nice avatars too! Feels like I'm in kindergarden again. I love it!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Pretty good idea, but with my constant moving that might be hard.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote