Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
New way author displayed in sidebar 7.3

I find it a bit confusing, I think the sort is better but names are displayed the old way and this looks a bit odd to me.
Scrolling down you have to peer into the middle of the name to tell where you are?
It sorts by last name, first name but displays first name last name.

Perhaps I am missing a setting?
I am sure I will become accustomed to it in time and if it is what the majority prefers then that is how it should be of course.

Also is there a way to put the cover browser on the right side?

Overall it seems a bit nicer andit sure is good to have the individual editing metadata of multiple titles working again

Thank you
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I find it a bit confusing, I think the sort is better but names are displayed the old way and this looks a bit odd to me.
Scrolling down you have to peer into the middle of the name to tell where you are?
It sorts by last name, first name but displays first name last name.
They are sorted and displayed in the same way as authors on the library pane. Are you thinking the two should display differently?

Personally, I don't like seeing author names in fn ln order but sorting in ln, fn order. Of course, I would like even less sorting them in fn ln order! My solution is to enter the authors in ln, fn (actually, in sort) order, so what I see is how they are sorted. Personal choice.
Quote:
Not that I know of.
Quote:
it sure is good to have the individual editing metadata of multiple titles working again
Yes, it is. Small mass corrections are much easier. Publishers is another place that benefits. Because of metadata downloading, I sometimes end up with 4 or 5 spelling variants of the same publisher.
Quote:
Thank you
Helen
You are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Thank you
Helen
In Options, detach the Cover Browser and you can put it anywhere (on you screen ) that you want.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Under Preferences - Interface - User Interface layout there is a Wide or Narrow option for the display of calibre. Currently narrow puts the cover browser on the right hand side. See images attached to this post.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks all
Quote:
In Options, detach the Cover Browser and you can put it anywhere (on you screen ) that you want.
Doesn't seem to work for me.
Quote:
Under Preferences - Interface - User Interface layout there is a Wide or Narrow option for the display of calibre. Currently narrow puts the cover browser on the right hand side
Yes it came up this way for me in 7.4, still scratching my head over that one.
Helen
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks all

Doesn't seem to work for me.

Yes it came up this way for me in 7.4, still scratching my head over that one.
Helen
Did you shut down Calibre Completely (Right click,Quit on the Icon in the tool tray)? It needs a re-start after you save the new properties.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard

I restarted, rebooted, several times, installed new version etc. Oh well one day I may figure it out.
Helen
Old 06-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I restarted, rebooted, several times, installed new version etc. Oh well one day I may figure it out.
Helen
To better understand if we have a bug:

1) You went to Preferences -> Interface and clicked the checkbox 'Show cover browser in a separate window'.

2) You clicked OK, and ended up back looking at your library.

3) You quit and restarted calibre (and a lot of other things, it sounds).

4) You click the icon with the arrow pointing up and to the right.

and the cover browser opens as a pane in the library? If so, then something is broken.

To help debug, check that the 'Show cover browser' checkbox is still checked. If it is not, check it, quit and restart calibre, and look at it again. If it remains unchecked, than whatever is causing that to occur is the bug.

Make sure that calibre is not running in your equivalent of a task bar. Rebooting will make sure of that.

What OS are you running? Are you still running 0.7.3, or have you upgraded to 0.7.4? (If you haven't, you should.)

Last edited by chaley; 06-21-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added the task bar check
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote