Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
saleenasmom
saleenasmom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Unhappy issues with kobo and calibre

i downloaded calibre to get books for my new kobo touch at first i had no problem with adding books from calibre onto the ereader but now although the books are downloaded on to calibre they are in my library and it indicates that they are on my ereader but when i disconnect and open up kobo they are not there i'm also having the same issue with adobe digital and even just dragging the files onto the kobo but i can download books from the kobo website with no issues at all
saleenasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly, if copying the book across without calibre involved doesn't work, then the problem isn't caused by calibre. The problem is going to either be the device or the connection from the PC.

This could be a database corruption on the Kobo Touch. The fix for that is a reset of the device.

But, as adding books from the Kobo site works, it might be something else. The possibility is that you have a corrupt or malformed epub on the device. Each time the device processes new books, it gets to the corrupt one and stops. If you know what books you added when this started happening, you could remove them and see if the others are processed properly. If that doesn't work, or you can't remember the books, you should remove all the books that the Kobo doesn't have in it's library (delete them while connected via USB), and then add them a few at a time until you find the one that was bad.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
saleenasmom
saleenasmom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
thanks i'll give that a try, shouldn't be too hard as there isn't that many books that didn't come directly from the kobo site
saleenasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Lia Sebastian
Lia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipseLia Sebastian can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch
I know this is an old thread, but I have to say thank you for this post. I had a corrupt file on my reader and couldn't figure out what had happened. So I did this . . .

Quote:
If that doesn't work, or you can't remember the books, you should remove all the books that the Kobo doesn't have in it's library (delete them while connected via USB), and then add them a few at a time until you find the one that was bad.
And that solved the problem.
Lia Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote