Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #211
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Plus it was on sale for $200 inc in price was a yr of prime.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #212
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
Blossom,

I FULLY agree with you. That being said $449.00 is on the low end for cell phone pricing. An average android/iPhone starts out at $650.00.
The point is a Kindle Fire Tablet costing $99 has KitKat and the phone which costs WAY more than that doesn't. There is something wrong with that to me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #213
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The point is a Kindle Fire Tablet costing $99 has KitKat and the phone which costs WAY more than that doesn't. There is something wrong with that to me.
Yeah, it's more difficult to swallow when you have a Fire tablet and the phone. Constantly comparing the two and coming up short on the phone. And not being able to make sense of it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #214
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yeah, it's more difficult to swallow when you have a Fire tablet and the phone. Constantly comparing the two and coming up short on the phone. And not being able to make sense of it.
I have a much better experience on my Fire HD6 than I do on my Fire Phone.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #215
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I say stop comparing it to other Fires Compare it to other cell phones IF you don't like what you got send it back. I know it Got to be better than what I have. Stupid cell sits on my desk & every 2 hrs it turns itself Off/On! It didn't start that til the 15 day return to Best Buy ended! T-Mobile says send it in they look at it... Right so then I have No Phone UGH! And another thing Power Off means just Reboot! To sleep I have to Remove the battery & Hope I don't miss a call!
This is about the Fire... I say return you have 30 days no questions asked. Saying it don't live up to the other fires is like comparing Fire to Kindles. IF it was like the Fire then why not use the Fire Tablets as a Phone? Far as I know cant be done!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #216
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Well I say stop comparing it to other Fires Compare it to other cell phones IF you don't like what you got send it back.
But it does need to be compared with other Fires. I don't have this problem when moving between an Android tablet and an Android phone. So why should it be so different when moving between a Fire tablet and a Fire phone? It's time they bumped it up to 4.5.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #217
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
But it does need to be compared with other Fires. I don't have this problem when moving between an Android tablet and an Android phone. So why should it be so different when moving between a Fire tablet and a Fire phone? It's time they bumped it up to 4.5.
Yes agreed it is!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #218
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I think its silly to compare a phone to a tablet like I said before. But them perhaps you guys don't have anything close to it to compare
Old 12-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #219
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I like my fire phone. Hardware-wise, it's great. But OS-wise, it does not measure up to either an Android 4,?? phone or the KF6 tablet. There's plenty of room for improvement. If they just made the OS and standard apps more like the KF6, it would move from "like" to "love".
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #220
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I like my fire phone. Hardware-wise, it's great. But OS-wise, it does not measure up to either an Android 4,?? phone or the KF6 tablet. There's plenty of room for improvement. If they just made the OS and standard apps more like the KF6, it would move from "like" to "love".
Yes Android 4.4 which is KitKat which Sangria Fire 4.5 is based off. The Fire Phone is outdated with Jelly Bean (Mojito) which is very old. KitKat has been around for almost a year now. The latest Android which came out this month is Android 5 which is Lollipop and all Google devices already have it including their phones. My Nexus 7 has it. The Fire Phone is more outdated than a cheap $60 dollar phone which already has KitKat.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #221
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
I fully agree I wish the Fire Phone had the new OS. I would say that is the CON for me so far.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #222
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes Android 4.4 which is KitKat which Sangria Fire 4.5 is based off. The Fire Phone is outdated with Jelly Bean (Mojito) which is very old. KitKat has been around for almost a year now. The latest Android which came out this month is Android 5 which is Lollipop and all Google devices already have it including their phones. My Nexus 7 has it. The Fire Phone is more outdated than a cheap $60 dollar phone which already has KitKat.
I was bummed to find out that the version of Jelly Bean that this phone is based on is to low to try a Android Wear device.

well one less device to try out.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #223
zebradude
Addict

has anyone contacted Amazon to see if a Fire OS update is in the cards?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #224
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
has anyone contacted Amazon to see if a Fire OS update is in the cards?
I plan to but I want to do it during a Weekday and business hours.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #225
zebradude
Addict

http://www.androidcentral.com/fire-p...aging-features