Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
VirginiaS
VirginiaS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle1
Hello!

Hello from sunny, but no so warm right now, Florida!

I've just joined you and look forward to getting to know you and finding out what you are reading on your e-books. I'm really enjoying my Kindle1.

If I had to choose one favorite genre, I would probably say historical fiction.....If I had to choose my least favorite, I would say adventure fantasy. However, I really read anything written in English, and I'll even try to read French or Spanish. Shopping for e-books is almost overwhelming! There are so many!! And yet, I occasionally try to find a specific book that seems not to have made it yet to digital. I am delighted to find MobileRead!

I'm a retired teacher of English and humanities. I love to read, cook, travel, play bridge, and I make all my clothes. Okay...too much information.

I'll be looking for you in the various threads.

VirginiaS
VirginiaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Humanities.

One of my lower level degrees was in humanities. I found it fascinating.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi VirginiaS, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Virginia S.

Never too much information! I've tried making my own clothes in the past, but they always LOOK like I've made them......

Please check out our ebooks available here, and click on my links for more info........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi VirginiaS and welcome to MR
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Shame you live in Florida or I would come to visit you and you could make my clothes as well :-). Mum tried to teach me but I just am really bad at using a machine. And handstichting a pair of trousers just takes too long.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
VirginiaS
VirginiaS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle1
Thank you for your welcomes! I know I will enjoy meeting you again in different parts of the formums. I still have to investigate just what those are.

My clothes don't look homemade, Desertgrandma, but I have invested quite a bit in sewing machines and equipment and have taken many lessons. If you haven't sewn in a few years, you wouldn't BELIEVE what these modern machnes will do!

See you all around..
VirginiaS
VirginiaS is offline   Reply With Quote