Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
Amazon UK Newspaper Subs

Hello all,

Anyone using any of the newspaper subscriptions for the Kindle 3, in the UK? Can you let me know what your opinions of the service are?

J.
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
allkindle.co.uk
allkindle.co.uk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I believe you can use Calibre to convert newsfeeds from Newspapers to read on your Kindle. Even better than that is it is free! I'll be trying out for myself next week when mine arrives. I don't fancy paying £6.99 a month for the Daily Mail
allkindle.co.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
I have a trial running for The Indian Express.At £3.99/month I consider this excellent value as I doubt I can get it here, and if I could it would cost me more than that. I hope it carries on working when I get to India!
It also has a fair selection of English news.
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by allkindle.co.uk View Post
I believe you can use Calibre to convert newsfeeds from Newspapers to read on your Kindle. Even better than that is it is free! I'll be trying out for myself next week when mine arrives. I don't fancy paying £6.99 a month for the Daily Mail
I tried it last Saturday with the Guardian, formatted beautifully for the K3, index page at the front and all the sections including the magazine...
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
Cheers, thanks both, that's useful. I'm considering the Guardian sub - will be sure to try that out when mine finally arrives.
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
My home newspaper in the US is the Houston Chronicle. I was using Calibre to download the feeds but I learned that the Chronicle makes electronic versions (including Kindle, and can be downloaded via Whispernet directly to the Kindle) available to subscribers if they set up an online account. Seems I missed any announcement about that, or they never had one. Anyway, it makes me wonder if other newspapers around the globe have similar policies; it might be worth checking.

Otherwise Calibre is a great option. Another might be Kindlefeeds, although I haven't used it much yet.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote