Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #76
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The list has been including cheap ($1.00 and under) ebooks as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
The list has been including cheap ($1.00 and under) ebooks as well.
Then should not the topic be changed then to say eBooks from Amazon.com for under $1.01 that are not public domain ?
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #78
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Then should not the topic be changed then to say eBooks from Amazon.com for under $1.01 that are not public domain ?
It doesn't bother me.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #79
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
um.. that eBook is NOT free. The topic says this thread is for FREE eBooks. Not inexpensive ones.
Perhaps the book is "FREE" and the $.80 is shipping and handling.

Jon, relax.

BOb
Old 03-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #80
glorya
glorya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Sporadic: Thanks bunches for your list of free books specifically for the Kindle. As a new Kindle owner, it is a boon to me. Perhaps as I get more proficient using the Kindle and browsing other forums, I might appreciate them; but right now, it is wonderful to be able to go to a site specifically for my needs without sifting through others. Thanks again for your help and time listing them.
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #81
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
um.. that eBook is NOT free. The topic says this thread is for FREE eBooks. Not inexpensive ones.
phbbbbbtttttt~~~~~~~~~~~~~ quit being such a Troll. I snatched it! Inexpensive works!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #82
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
If you read the post, it IS free if downloaded from the person's website rather than the kindle store. It is available there for download in multiple formats including .prc for kindle.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #83
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
This is the last time I'm going to responded to you in this thread.

When I made the thread, the list only included free books. A few minutes after making it I realized that new owners would miss out on Soul Identity and Pacific Avenue since I couldn't list them and decided to add a very cheap ($1 and under) section to the list. $1 seemed like a good mark since $0.80 is the lowest a self-published book can go and $1 is still dirt cheap for a book.

I'm sure you have been here long enough to know that the OP can't edit the title of a thread after posting. If the mods really have a problem with the title of this thread, they are free to change it.

Every post you have made in this thread has been a demand. Move the thread, report the thread, list whether or not they are Topaz, change the title. Maybe if you didn't come off as such of a jerk, others and I would be more open to suggestions from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorya View Post
Sporadic: Thanks bunches for your list of free books specifically for the Kindle. As a new Kindle owner, it is a boon to me. Perhaps as I get more proficient using the Kindle and browsing other forums, I might appreciate them; but right now, it is wonderful to be able to go to a site specifically for my needs without sifting through others. Thanks again for your help and time listing them.
Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by Sporadic; 03-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #84
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

New book.

Winterbirth by Brian Ruckley - $1.00 [Fantasy]

Quote:
Starred Review. Scottish author Ruckley's outstanding fantasy debut, the first installment of the Godless World trilogy, introduces a sprawling realm abandoned by the gods after two races united to destroy a third. The peoples left behind struggle with centuries-old prejudices and unresolved conflicts that threaten to destroy them all. The start of winter is traditionally a time of celebration, but when the elflike Kyrinin and religious fanatics called Inkallim interrupt the festivities at Castle Kolglas with a masterfully planned attack, the bloodshed is just the first move in an apocalyptic war that won't end until the world itself is unmade. As Ruckley chronicles the plight of numerous characters through an increasingly chaotic landscape, he develops unsubtle allegories to recent world history and some of humankind's more obvious shortcomings like bigotry, greed and apathy. The author's unapologetically stark yet darkly poetic narrative displays a refreshing lack of stereotypical genre conventions, ensuring a fervent audience of epic fantasy fans looking for something innovative in a genre that can be anything but.
Also it's more than a dollar so it's not going on the list but Afraid by Jack Kilborn is only $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/Afraid/dp/B001VLXNWO
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #85
Sporadic
Banned

3 new books, 2 Bibles and 1 religious.

Holy Bible, GOD'S WORD Translation (GW) by Baker Publishing Group

Quote:
Translated directly from the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts, GOD’S WORD® Translation (GW) uses a linguistic translation method similar to the one used by missionary translators throughout the world today. Unlike other Bibles, the translation theory used to produce GOD’S WORD is different because the theory and practice of translation has advanced through the years. As a result, it reads more easily, is more accurate, and communicates the intended meaning of the Bible more clearly and naturally than any other English translation.

In producing GOD’S WORD, the translators sought to find the closest natural equivalent to the original texts. The first consideration for the translators was to find equivalent English ways of expressing the meaning of the original text. This procedure ensured that the translation is faithful to the meaning intended by the original writer. Next, they considered readability. The translators expressed the meaning of the text in natural American English by using common English punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and word choice. Finally, they sought to use the natural equivalent that most closely reflects the style of the Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek text. This translation theory is designed to avoid the awkwardness and inaccuracy associated with form-equivalent translation, and it avoids the loss of meaning and oversimplification associated with function equivalent translation.

Features include an index of The Teachings of Jesus, an Application Index, and a Dictionary/Concordance.
Holy Bible, Today's New International Version, TNIV by Zondervan

Quote:
Endorsed by scholars and pastors across the country, the TNIV is the new translation for today-s generation. It combines uncompromising reliability, the clarity of today-s language, and the heritage of the most trusted translation, the NIV.
Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick [Religion]

Quote:
Simply speaking, love changes people. Christians, then, by definition, should exhibit the greatest transformation of all because, rightly understood and cherished, God's love makes them increasingly more like the One who has lavished his love on them.

This truth is meant to tell believers who they are, their purpose and destiny, and how to faithfully persevere in their struggles against all opposition. But sometimes people lose sight of this. Because He Loves Me restores that vision, reminding Christians of their true identity as beloved children of God-adopted by the Father, espoused to the Son, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Christianity is not a self-improvement program but a transferring of identity and growth, accomplished in history through Christ and in our daily lives through his Spirit. This book explores and celebrates these truths in an unforgettable way. Study questions and invitations for deeper discovery conclude each chapter.

Elyse M. Fitzpatrick is not only a retreat and conference speaker but staff counselor at Grace Church in San Diego, which is part of the Sovereign Grace family of churches. She holds a masters in biblical counseling from Trinity Theological Seminary and has authored nearly a dozen books. She is also the head of Women Helping Women Ministries.
I also added a version of The Quran to the list.

The Quran - A Pure and Literal Translation by The Monotheist Group - $0.95

Quote:
Over the course of centuries, Islam has undergone a process of sub-categorization into numerous denominations. As such, nearly all translators have belonged to one school of thought or another, allowing the influence of such denominations to come across in their interpretation of specific words or verses, and how they choose to translate them.
The Quran - A Pure and Literal Translation is the result of a group effort by people who do not belong to any denomination, and for the first time in many centuries, are simply proud to call themselves Muslims as God had named us centuries ago.
The Quran - A Pure and Literal Translation is also unique in the fact that it uses neither footnotes nor comments, letting the text speak for itself and delivering to the reader as close a rendition of the pure message of the Quran as physically possible.

Last edited by Sporadic; 04-01-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #86
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Wow!! I paid the $14.95 for the TNIV version (second in prev post) a year ago. I'll download this too, in case they've fixed any formatting or something.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #87
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
another book under a dollar on amazon:
Barracuda - $0.99 [Mystery/Thriller] - http://www.amazon.com/Barracuda/dp/B...FW/ref=ed_oe_k
haven't read it yet, but it has some pretty good reviews 4.5 stars from 35 reviewers...
just finished reading Soul Identity, enjoyed it a lot, would not have found it if it wasn't for this thread
Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #88
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Got it! Thanks!

I'm so sad ;o(. I've just finished all of the Temeraire books (all 5 of them) which I got turned onto as a free book for the first one. What a wonderful wonderful read!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #89
Sporadic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrLvr View Post
another book under a dollar on amazon:
Barracuda - $0.99 [Mystery/Thriller] - http://www.amazon.com/Barracuda/dp/B...FW/ref=ed_oe_k
haven't read it yet, but it has some pretty good reviews 4.5 stars from 35 reviewers...
just finished reading Soul Identity, enjoyed it a lot, would not have found it if it wasn't for this thread
Thank you for the tip. Added it to the list.

If you could, please make a thread about it in the Freebie forum or if you don't want to, I can make one and give you credit in the first post.

Last edited by Sporadic; 04-03-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #90
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
sure, been posted in the Freebie/Deals forum
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books