Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Ler0y Jenkins
Connoisseur
Ler0y Jenkins doesn't litterLer0y Jenkins doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
$150 Rebate from Sony Store??

I found this deal on sonystyle.com. You get a new Sony Visa and make a purchase of $299 or more and in 8-12 weeks you get a credit for $150. The card is also 0% interest for 12 months. It sounds like a good deal and I'd like to use it to purchase a new PRS-700 when it comes out. Does anyone know:

1.) when this deal ends?

2.) whether the credit can be used toward the PRS-700?

I searched the site but couldn't find any answers. I also searched the internet and only found info for past similar deals. Thanks.

Kevin

Edit: Here's a link to the deal http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644489278
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I sure hope that it applies to the 700 -- I saw nothing to indicate that it wouldn't apply to it, so I'll raise a stink if my bill comes without that $150 credit!

I applied for that card and immediately charged the 700 (which won't actually get charged until it ships) and am praying that the credit works.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
please let us know if it works !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
please let us know if it works !
Sure it will work. It is a sony style credit card thing. You can buy anything in the store that is more than $300 and get the credit.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Others have used the same deal to purchase the 505, therefore I would suspect the 700 is covered.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
That link doesn't work anymore. That offer is still good though. I got on the website and found the same offer (for the Sony Visa). I have ordered my 700 now.

Last edited by ColdSun; 10-31-2008 at 08:35 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
That link doesn't work anymore. That offer is still good though. I got on the website and found the same offer (for the Sony Visa). I have ordered my 700 now.
Where on the website did you find the offer? I couldn't find it yesterday or today.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
Ler0y Jenkins
Connoisseur
Ler0y Jenkins doesn't litterLer0y Jenkins doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Where on the website did you find the offer? I couldn't find it yesterday or today.
Well this sucks. Here's a link but it looks like it's down to $100 instead of $150. That figures.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644595898

I applied three days ago but couldn't get instant credit so I have to wait for something to come in the mail. Now the question is, do I get the $100 credit or the $150 credit?
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote