Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #256
Sesselmann
Sesselmann began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Calibre has separate toolbars for when there is and isn't a device attached. You clearly only have KindleUnpack displaying on the toolbar without a device attached.
Thank you for your quick advice!

kind regards,
Sesselmann
Sesselmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #257
marshallj
marshallj began at the beginning.

Device: iPad iBooks
once I use the "unpack kindle" plug in, how do I put it back together? I want the "real page numbers".

Thanks,
marshallj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #258
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You'll have to use the standalone version of KindleUnpack for that sort of thing. v0.73 is the latest. Even then, there's no guarantee that an apnx file contains "real" page numbers.

"Putting it back together" is done with kindlegen or KindlePreviewer.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:52 AM   #259
bookw0rm
bookw0rm began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Hi DiapDealer,

Great calibre plugin! PDF conversion works flawlessly for AZW4 formats but may I ask if there will be an option for other amazon kindle book formats (e.g. AZW3, mobi, etc.) to be converted to PDF in the same way?

Thanks!
bookw0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:54 AM   #260
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookw0rm View Post
Hi DiapDealer,

Great calibre plugin! PDF conversion works flawlessly for AZW4 formats but may I ask if there will be an option for other amazon kindle book formats (e.g. AZW3, mobi, etc.) to be converted to PDF in the same way?

Thanks!
Calibre will convert anything to PDF for you.

KindleUnpack doesn't do any conversion, it just extracts the existing PDF from from the AZW4 wrapper.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #261
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plugin updated to version 0.75.0 to match the updated core KindleUnpack code.

Changes and details can be found here.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-15-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #262
bmhhtyf
bmhhtyf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Plugin updated to version 0.75.0 to match the updated core KindleUnpack code.

Changes and details can be found here.
The version 0.75.0 can't work in calibre (1.4.8x64 or 2.5.0x86), no matter pure installed or updated.
bmhhtyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #263
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmhhtyf View Post
The version 0.75.0 can't work in calibre (1.4.8x64 or 2.5.0x86), no matter pure installed or updated.
Of course it can and does.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #264
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'd need a lot more info in order to have a shot at helping you. As Jon said, the plugin is certainly capable of working in either of those versions of calibre (and in fact does for many people).

First thing to ascertain is if you've managed to get it successfully installed.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #265
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When can we look forward to the 0.77 version? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #266
bmhhtyf

Quote:
I'd need a lot more info in order to have a shot at helping you. As Jon said, the plugin is certainly capable of working in either of those versions of calibre (and in fact does for many people).

First thing to ascertain is if you've managed to get it successfully installed.
Thank you for your reply. I tried the version 0.72.2, and it worked well. But when I updated it to version 0.75, the icon disappeared, and the plugin crashed. My OS is Win7(x64), and Calibre version is 1.48.0(x64).
Old 10-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #267
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi bmhhtyf,

Have you tried running calibre in debug mode to see if it will tell you something about what is going on? Do you have a screen capture or backtrace that might provide a clue?

KevinH
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #268
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I tried the version 0.72.2, and it worked well. But when I updated it to version 0.75, the icon disappeared, and the plugin crashed. My OS is Win7(x64), and Calibre version is 1.48.0(x64).
I doubt it has much to do with your issue, but keep in mind that any 0.72.x versions of the plugin that were floating around were strictly for testing/beta purposes. The "official" releases jumped from 0.71 to 0.73. If you can, uninstall the plugin ... restart calibre ... install the plugin ... restart calibre (before attempting to use the plugin), and see what happens.

If it still crashes, definitely try running calibre in debug mode like Kevin mentioned, to see if it will give us any clues.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #269
bmhhtyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi bmhhtyf,

Have you tried running calibre in debug mode to see if it will tell you something about what is going on? Do you have a screen capture or backtrace that might provide a clue?

KevinH
Yes, I've tried. But nothing found. Everything worked well. I've reinstalled calibre several times, but it didn't work. Howerver, I found AutoCAD 2014 installed on my computer using QT as well, and registry reported some problems. Maybe these two software have collisions.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #270
bmhhtyf

Quote:
I doubt it has much to do with your issue, but keep in mind that any 0.72.x versions of the plugin that were floating around were strictly for testing/beta purposes. The "official" releases jumped from 0.71 to 0.73. If you can, uninstall the plugin ... restart calibre ... install the plugin ... restart calibre (before attempting to use the plugin), and see what happens.

If it still crashes, definitely try running calibre in debug mode like Kevin mentioned, to see if it will give us any clues.
The debug report told nothing I cared. Maybe it's because I installed AutoCAD 2014, and these two softwares have collisions. The plugin didn't work on my PC or laptop. However, it worked well on my friend's computer.

Tags
mobi2mobi