Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fterveen View Post
I prefer to keep the internal storage for my ebooks.
How is this change going to keep you from doing that? The original post in this thread said "filesystem available to store applications state, fonts, books and whatever else". The file system just will no longer be FAT, the way I understood the proposal?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
fterveen
fterveen began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Quote:
How is this change going to keep you from doing that? The original post in this thread said "filesystem available to store applications state, fonts, books and whatever else". The file system just will no longer be FAT, the way I understood the proposal?
My apologies, I have overlooked this.

Quote:
If you reflash back to original V3 firmware, you'll have to format the exported "disk" using your desktop.
Will the "disk" show up on the desktop on a Windows XP computer in order to format back to FAT?

I am asking this because I have had the same problem as Soxendom reported (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47123).
I couldn't access my SD card nor internal storage anymore after installing the March OI firmware.
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #18
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by fterveen View Post
Will the "disk" show up on the desktop on a Windows XP computer in order to format back to FAT?
Yes, when you install original firmware back.