Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 AM   #16
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
It's ALIVE!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
i use folder mode and the tags.
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
It's ALIVE!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I don't use subtree sorting or tags, but I wouldn't mind having a "Favourites" or "Recently Open" folder. It's good that you're back, quickhand!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I did use the tags. I like to flag books as read or favourite and the hidden tag was pretty useful too. However all the tags I added were lost when I did an update of the firmware, so I haven't bothered to use them since.

If you can ensure tags as retained during updates (assuming the issue hasn't been resolved already) and perhaps have a way for users to add their own tags, then I'd use this system much more.

I tend to use the folder view as I keep my books fairly organised, but it would be really cool to be able to view via tag too. So you can bring up a list of all books with the "reading list" tag, or "fave" tag.

I'd also like to see a meta-data view mode, so we can list all books by author (regardless of the actual folder organisation) or by book series or genre.

For example, I have my folder structure as genre/author, however some authors have books in several genres, or have contributed to a certain series which makes tracking down the book a little harder.
Advert