Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Can I change library folder names?

Is there an option in Calibre to change the naming routine of the folders within its library and the way books are stored there?

Eg. at present I have the following structure

Calibre Library
--Author name
----Book title (X)
------Book.lrf
------Book.rtf ... etc

I would ideally just like to have

Calibre Library
--Author name
----Book-a.rtf
----Book-a.lrf
----Book-b.rtf
----Book-b.lrf ... etc

or failing that I would like to get rid of the arbitrary (X) number after the book title folder.

I am not technical and know nothing about CSS, html etc - I just convert my books created in Word for use on my Sony reader - but if someone could explain in very easy terms how I could achieve this it would be a great help.

OOPS sorry for a duplicate post - I have finally found other threads here that say the structure cannot be changed - pity though

Last edited by lizzielou; 01-23-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Have found that this is mentioned elsewhere
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is a stickie at the top of this forum area covering this.

No - the internal structure of the Calibre library is not under user control. You are not meant to try and manipulate the files directly - instead it should be done via the Calibre GUI

You DO have control over folder/filenames to be used when exporting files from the Calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Thanks itimpi, that method of exporting will be fine, I didn't know you could do that. I am new to Calibre and still finding my way - very slowly.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote