Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2022, 04:09 PM   #1
allanr
allanr began at the beginning.

Device: Koho Sage
Question 2 sages 1 Dropbox account

I have a Sage and put books in my Dropbox and sync to the Sage. My wife is thinking of getting a Sage and we wonder if both can be hooked up to the same Dropbox account - so that the books there will be synced to both Sages.
allanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:22 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
The files will be synced but reading progress, notes, highlights etc will not be synced at least not without significant amounts of effort on your end.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2022, 06:31 PM   #3
allanr
allanr began at the beginning.

Device: Koho Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
The files will be synced but reading progress, notes, highlights etc will not be synced at least not without significant amounts of effort on your end.
Does that mean that I might be on page 200 of a book, and if my wife opens the book it will go to page 200 and then when I next open it will be on the pages she was at?
allanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:18 PM   #4
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanr View Post
Does that mean that I might be on page 200 of a book, and if my wife opens the book it will go to page 200 and then when I next open it will be on the pages she was at?

For books sent with Dropbox

Out of the box if you open a book and it’s on page 200, and your wife opened the book on her Sage it’d be on page 1. They will be treated as entirely different books neither device will know anything about the other.

If you set the Sage up with the same kobo account (not Dropbox):

Anything purchased from kobo and just downloaded from kobo to your devices will sync meaning you’d at least be asked if you want to continue from wherever the other person left off.

Both the above can be reversed if you want however reversing the Dropbox one would require you to do a very significant amount of work possibly even coding the method. Reversing the Kobo account one is easy just download Kobo bought books, strip the DRM, and load them on to the device either via Dropbox or usb.

Alternatively you could also just use different kobo accounts and share books the same way.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote