Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
thickerfreakness
thickerfreakness began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Broken Menu/Scroll/Back button cluster

I just got my second replacement Kindle 2 a few weeks ago and everything was working fine when I was reading it this morning. I took it with me this afternoon thinking I might read it some and ended up just leaving it in the car. Now, I just got home and none of the buttons in the Menu/Scroll/Back button cluster work, so I can't access the menu, can't access any books or do anything really. I've tried resetting a couple of times to no avail. I think I'm running Kindle 2.0.4 or 2.0.3.

Thanks in advance for any help.
thickerfreakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Try holding the power button off for 20 - 30 seconds to trigger a reboot. Be patient - this takes time to begin the process & also to complete. Your screen should go totally blank, then the tree reappears.
If this doesn't work - call Amazon CS.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 AM   #3
thickerfreakness
thickerfreakness began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I ended up calling and getting another replacement. Its my 4th Kindle now, but they really do have great CS.
thickerfreakness is offline   Reply With Quote