Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
ajambi
ajambi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Problem with calibre installation of linux mint

I installed caliber version 0.6.29 on linux mint gloria some time ago and found it to be perfect for my needs and compatible with my reader. However, I foolishly just updated my calibre version to 0.6.32 and immediately encountered problems. During the binary install it listed a number of errors. I can copy and paste what those errors were here but my knowledge of linux is too basic to do much about it. I immediately went to sourcefourge and downloaded the tar.bz2 file of the previous version I had. I went to /opt/calibre and tried deleting its contents but it said permission denied. Then I tried extracting the folder to that destination without deleting its original contents and it once again said permission denied. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
ajambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Prefix your delete and extract commands with the word sudo followed by a space
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
ajambi
ajambi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Ok that did the trick. I'm glad I could get it working again you've built a great program. Thanks for the help
ajambi is offline   Reply With Quote