Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Can you keep up with all the new posts?
Yes 5 15.15%
No 19 57.58%
I don't know 3 9.09%
I don't care 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Chocolate or nuts-made-from-dough?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #17
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
A new thread better have a catchy title or some very interesting first few posts or I'm going to the last post on the thread to get if off my new posts list and continue to do so until it dies!

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
WhyDoEverythingthehardway? Unsubscribe from everything, change your settings to "no subscribed threads," then just do like the rest of us and click the "new post" link in the blue bar. If something is interesting, click on it. If not, it too shall pass. Seems like you are maybe slaved to your computer because of the subscriptions.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #19
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
WhyDoEverythingthehardway? Unsubscribe from everything, change your settings to "no subscribed threads," then just do like the rest of us and click the "new post" link in the blue bar. If something is interesting, click on it. If not, it too shall pass. Seems like you are maybe slaved to your computer because of the subscriptions.
This may certainly be my next plan of action/inaction.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Ok I am easily confused and can't find the "no subscribed threads" option.
Care to help a thickie? Please?

EDIT : OK Thickie McThick Thick has managed to find the option and turned it off - thanks for the pointer DixieGal

Last edited by Peverel; 06-15-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
I sort of haunt 2 or 3 threads each day, depending on what is interesting. To me, it is like a party. You wander into a group in the middle of a discussion, then move on when something more interesting comes along. To my knowledge, no one has ever missed me when I abandoned a thread for something else, so it's no harm nor fowl. (SQUAB!)
Ha, we are of a similar mind. Although I am sure you are sorely missed when you abandon a thread! I have made the decision not to follow things to the second page unless a) I am very bored or desperate for some semblance of "adult" interaction, or b) I dreamt of a thread and I wanted to see how it ended. I see verencat is very good at digging up and reviving threads that make it into the abyss (second page or beyond), so I will continue to trust in her powers and wisdom, and I will focus on page #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I said yes but will qualify this with the fact my work output has drop dramatically
OMG! WORK!!! Oh crap.....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #22
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Nope, I can't keep up. I make a valiant attempt, but just don't have the stamina to keep up.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Ok I am easily confused and can't find the "no subscribed threads" option.
Care to help a thickie? Please?
Click on "User CP" in the blue bar, then "edit options." Scroll about halfway down to "default thread options" and choose "do not subscribe."
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #24
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I said no, but I don't always bother trying - depends what mood I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
in other news, kindle kitten now has 2 mice, 1 bird and half a lizzard on her score card. I'm not sure why, but they all end up in the bathroom
When we had cats, one always used to bring her catches into the kitchen. Occasionally when I was cooking...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Gorgeous or so-so?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #26
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
There is lot of posting going on and a lot of threads being started. I'm finding it difficult to keep up to my subscribed fori and threads.

Are you able to keep up to the new posts?

Simple question, no multiple choice, private poll.

I realize I'm going to make it worse by creating another thread.

WDE
Simple solution is a double-click away.... NOT!

(see image below)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MR-quick way to keep up!.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	30818  

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-17-2009 at 11:12 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #27
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I don't even try. I read what I have time for / am interested in, and the rest doesn't get done, LOL!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #28
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
*sigh* I think there should be a moratorium on how long a thread can lay dormant and still be dug up. I am finding threads and thinking "gosh! how did I miss that!" and discovering it is several years old.
Sorry for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I see verencat is very good at digging up and reviving threads that make it into the abyss (second page or beyond), so I will continue to trust in her powers and wisdom, and I will focus on page #1.
Here's how it happened: me being extra curious and completely enthusiasted by the unutterable silliness, I decided when I got on MR to figure out what I was told I would eventually understand (no way I can hear "oh you'll know someday", I need to know NOW) so I started wandering aimlessly, attacked the karma thread, read it all (on my 3rd day on MR or something like that), provoked a gigantic digression that was turned into a thread in my name by the fantastic Queen Zelda (thanks again for that), where people (aside from confusing me, make me laugh and welcome me), posted some links and made some references to previous threads that I had to read, opening even more questions in doing it.

I discovered many things, learned a lot, lost my mind in the process, but loved it. I've been focusing afterward on the individuals, gathering informations I read on everyone to have a better image of MR members, and literally falling in love five times a day (I said I was a stalker and I said I loved you all, did I! )

THEN Alpha told me she wanted to dig up cool threads and I though "Hey, why not start that again, so... I did.

I slowed the process down for entirely personal reasons (like: can't find my sanity anywhere), but I still have some questions on this micro society, that I'll try to answer when I get time and energy to actually understand what my eyes see.

Pffeew! That was a lot of useless information! Sorry for that!
The whole process was so fascinating, and I just know it's not over yet!

edit: Don't be scared, I do not have files on you...yet!

Last edited by Verencat; 06-15-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #29
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Did anyone get the license number of that post that just ran me down?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #30
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
That's it.

*lines the forum with spike strips*
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote