Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Schussel
Schussel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
How to delete database-entries ?

During the Sync-Process between PC-Software & Reader there are a couple of databases in the \SDCard\Sony_Reader\Database Directory which were not synchronized correctly. That happens, how far I can see especially, if files from the reader are deleted directly from the sdcard, not using the surface-menu.

That happened to me with some pictures which I deleted from the directly from the sdcard, so I have an image.db-file with pictures in, which I can see the from the PC-Software in the pictures-tab but cant do anything with it.

Unfortunately there is no function somewhere to delete the old unused entries. I found no way to delete the 'dead' entrys, neither from the PC-Software nor from the Reader.

So, if there is a way to empty all of the databases or to get a set of clean original databases for audios, books, images & notepads that will help to set up my synchronsing from a defined new starting-point.

Thanks in advance
Schussel

PS: I have a rooted Reader & I use the PC-Software v1.1.05

Last edited by Schussel; 09-01-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Schussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
You could always do a factory reset... sort of like an atomic bomb, of course. Or you can find and install a SQLite database browser and delete the entries in each table that refer to the books you deleted. None of the tables are terribly complicated, but there are lots of them.
The joys of readers with databases; Kobo suffers also. My BeBooks only use the filesystem as their database
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
After disconnecting from the PC, the Reader should check through the file system and update the DB with information from the filesystem.

For the Sony Readers, the SQLite DB acts like the older XML caches. Useful for speeding up the device, but the filesystem is the final word. However, the trigger for a refresh is usually disconnecting the USB cable.

How did you delete these files? When I delete them directly from a PC it behaves correctly and removes them. Did you delete them from the device itself using a file explorer on the Reader?
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Schussel
Schussel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I guess my problem is cleared.

You're right, the reader actualizes the database entries by itself. And as a result I get a 18-MByte-File again every time. I have had the hope to reduce the size of that file, but it seems, it will stay somewhere around that size.

Thanks anyway for your answers.

Regards
Schussel
Schussel is offline   Reply With Quote