Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
PS I just tried the Pandigital Novel at a store. That one works great. Of course, some bad reviews but just in case , there is also warranty. It is more like my iPod touch, just a bigger screen :-)
What I did not know about Kindle, Kobo or Sony ereaders is that you still need a reading light when you read in the dark. I like the idea also that the Pandigital is like the iPod and does not need that because it has backlight.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictoma View Post
Oh that's a good piece news !
What do you think about its dictionary ? concise? bigger? easy to use?
thank you so much
Well, though the IQ does have a dictionary, I have never used it. Haven't had a need to fire it up just yet. But I am sure others have. Check in the PocketBook forum. There's lots of posts regarding the IQ.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #18
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
This article helped me a lot to decide what to do. In a way, I am 'spoiled' with my iPod/iPhone, it got colours, light, don't need a reading light attached to the device....yeah its a bit smaller screen than the ereaders, but you can read one sentence at a time. :-)
I think instead of buying an ereader, going to get lots of books now. Maybe next year the price will drop for a good quality colour ereader.

http://thephotogeek.com/practical-re...graphy-kindle/
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Well, though the IQ does have a dictionary, I have never used it. Haven't had a need to fire it up just yet. But I am sure others have. Check in the PocketBook forum. There's lots of posts regarding the IQ.
I used the dictionary this weekend. It was very simple to use and find a word. The only limitation is the dictionary itself. It has a lot of words, but not everything! I was using the 1913 Webster's that was included with the IQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
This article helped me a lot to decide what to do. In a way, I am 'spoiled' with my iPod/iPhone, it got colours, light, don't need a reading light attached to the device....yeah its a bit smaller screen than the ereaders, but you can read one sentence at a time. :-)
I think instead of buying an ereader, going to get lots of books now. Maybe next year the price will drop for a good quality colour ereader.

http://thephotogeek.com/practical-re...graphy-kindle/
Good luck! Keep your eyes open for the 1st generation e-ink ereaders next year. Their prices should plummet when most of the ereader manufacturers migrate to Pearl (2nd generation e-ink).
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote