Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BD under Windows 7?

Has anyone tried running Book Designer under Windows 7 yet? Any problems encountered?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I would guess it will have issues similar to those of Vista.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I was wondering, igorsk, because from what I have read, one of the main goals of Windows 7 has been to reduce the problems of application incompatibility which occured with Vista.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My wife is running Windows 7 beta. I'll ask her if it's ok to install Book Designer on her computer to find out if it works. That is an important question that does need to be answered.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
im using windows 7. i installed that MSI package need for vista, but other than that its fine.

though i did that as a matter of course instead of testing withoug it.

and also build 7077 is perfect. i havent found any errors at all (though im sure there are a few) but its my every day computer now.

Last edited by Andybaby; 04-15-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

What MSI is that, Andy?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
dhtml something or other. posted in the guide. i didnt try it without this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did install the dhtml package and installed BD and then upgraded it. I ran it and loaded a file from before and I worked fine. I have not tried to create or edit anything yet.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Sounds reassuring. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sounds reassuring. Thanks!
I'll try some more with BD and report if there are any problems or not.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I just tried to load in an HTML file and it doesn't work. The system does have Office 2003 installed.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I did get Book Designer to work with Windows 7 finally. What I had to do was run Book Designer as Administrator and run a command prompt as administrator. Then when I ran BD every OCX error I then had to go to the command prompt to unregister and register the OCX files that came up as errors. Then I got past that and I then could not get the Sony LRF dialog to come up. So I went to the Book Designer wiki. The last thing I needed to do to fix BD was to unregister and register comct232.ocx.All was well after that.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you, Jon - that's very useful to know.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you, Jon - that's very useful to know.
You're very welcome.

When I ran BD not as administrator, it came up but would not convert the HTML. Then running it as admin gave an OCX error when it started. So I sorted the OCX as the errors popped up. And finally, I could not make an LRF eBook. So I looked up on MR how to get BD to work with Vista and one of the posts said to follow the directions in the wiki and that finished the process.