Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Eye of Darkness - A Fantasy Mystery/Thriller

“Dark magicks,” the Witch muttered. “So much blood. Then again, there are other darknesses in this world besides magick.”

Smoke that does not rise. Hens that do not lay eggs. Cows that give sour milk. And a little girl abducted from her bed in the middle of the night. For the girl's father, it's clear evidence the Fey have breached the geas that bound them beyond the veil between worlds. For Lucas Veritatus, ex-Sheriff of the North Country, it is just enough to draw him out of retirement to investigate. For Avenyë of the Ronami, a lawless tribe beyond the reach of the king, it is evidence that whoever is abducting Ronami children, her sister included, has now struck the realm as well.

First to the Witch of the Great Wood, and then across the Dragon's Ridge mountains into the territory of the lawless, Lucas and Avenyë must join forces in an unlikely pairing to solve the mystery. Who is stealing the children, murdering their parents, and leaving the mysterious Eye of Darkness marks throughout the land? Have the Fey found a way to cross the veil? Or is some other darkness at work? And will Lucas and Avenyë’s own dark secrets drive them into each others' arms, or thrust them forever apart?

Eye of Darkness is $2.99 on Smashwords.

Content Advisory: About 107,000 words. Mild Profanity. Violence. Gore. Adult Situations.
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The book is now available in both electronic and print format, though it took a while to get the pages to format the way I wanted. Since Eye of Darkness is a bit larger than what I normally produce (though that may be changing), I had to move to a larger format to keep the page count and book size down. It was just too expensive, otherwise.

At any rate, I think you'll like the story once you give it a chance. Lucas and Avenye are quite a pair, and the mystery will keep you guessing.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Eye of Darkness is one of my more satisfying books, I think. It was fun to spend that time crafting another world, and discovering the characters who inhabit it. Though there is sorcery, witches, werewolves, dragons and faeries, the problems these characters face aren't so different from our own.

Think of it kinda like CSI: Middle Earth.

Except, of course, this isn't Tolkien's world. I think you'll like it, though.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I spent some time this past Monday working on the second book in the series. I confess I didn't get too far - most of it was spent crafting the "Previously" section, so readers who pick up the book "mid-stream" or who haven't read it in a while can catch up to speed on it.

I'm not supposed to be working on it, yet, but the characters keep jumping ahead in line. That happens a lot with all my books, actually.

I'm hopeful, once I can clear my plate of some of my other commitments, that I'll be able to return to the Four Realms and continue this saga.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
MichaelJScott
Zealot

CHRISTMAS SALE! December 24, 25, and 26, Eye of Darkness is FREE to Download!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I'm hard at work on the second book in the series, but check out Eye of Darkness. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
MichaelJScott
Zealot

The one thing that strikes me about why The Dragon's Eye Cycle (of which Eye of Darkness is the first book) is the chemistry between Lucas and Avenye. Their love, which begins in the first book, will be the only thing that will enable them to survive the maelstrom that is sweeping their world--and themselves. Eye of Darkness is worth your time.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
MichaelJScott
Zealot

If you're interested, Eye of Darkness is FREE for a limited time today at Amazon. Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Drat! I missed it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Eye of Darkness is FREE today and tomorrow. Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:21 AM   #11
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJScott View Post
Eye of Darkness is FREE today and tomorrow. Enjoy!
Sorry to say, I missed it, too.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote