Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #106
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagerfahrer View Post
Hello,

This is my first writing in this forum and i hope i am here right.

My problem:
I installed SkipStone 0.6 successfully but
i try to patch to 1.0.1.

My question is where i have to do the skipstone-0.6.patch file and how are the introductions to patch it then?

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
Don't need to do that. it's just reference for the devs.

Install files. Jobs done. No patch
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #107
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
SkipStone is really better than the stock browser, thanks a lot for your hard work!!!
Just one question: is it possible to save passwords? It seems it keeps losing my facebook password!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #108
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
SkipStone is really better than the stock browser, thanks a lot for your hard work!!!
Just one question: is it possible to save passwords? It seems it keeps losing my facebook password!
Hmm yeah I noticed the storage is per session also. not that I am complaining.,

: )
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #109
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Session ids are stored in cookies. Cookies are handled by libsoup in this case. I think by default cookies are kept just in memory and not stored in a file. It should be possible to change it. I will have a look.
A question remains: should we store cookies in a file while there is no way of deleting them from the browser?
Are cookies preserved through sessions on default Kindle browser?
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #110
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Session ids are stored in cookies. Cookies are handled by libsoup in this case. I think by default cookies are kept just in memory and not stored in a file. It should be possible to change it. I will have a look.
A question remains: should we store cookies in a file while there is no way of deleting them from the browser?
Are cookies preserved through sessions on default Kindle browser?
maybe shove them in /var (after sanity testing for size) and at least in that way they would live until a power cycle?

maybe set aside a fixed maximum (say 5Mb?) on the FAT - that should hold a baziilion cookies... In a folder called "COOKIES-STORED-HERE" or something That way they could be easily hosed manually.

anyways - starved of caffeine and with almost no actual cerebral function to speak of today - those are my thoughts.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #111
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The question was about saving passwords, not session ids.
Passwords are sometimes stored by a separate application in an encrypted store.
That might be what SkipStone is expecting to have available.

But the general thought of stored passwords in a device like the Kindle does not seem like a very secure place. (Although there is a variation of Sqlite that maintains an aes encrypted database file. I seem to remember it being added to BR about a year ago.)
Save the password in your mind, learn to remember it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #112
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If that's what silver18 meant, i don't think it will ever be implemented in skipstone for kindle
Also keep in mind that skipstone does not verify ssl certificates, so it is not recommended to be used with passwords at all.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #113
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Passwords are sometimes stored by a separate application in an encrypted store.
That might be what SkipStone is expecting to have available.

But the general thought of stored passwords in a device like the Kindle does not seem like a very secure place. (Although there is a variation of Sqlite that maintains an aes encrypted database file. I seem to remember it being added to BR about a year ago.)
Save the password in your mind, learn to remember it.
Or don't have anything that anyone wants to steal is also another option
Old 11-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #114
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I was asking about passwords only, just like the stock browser does.
And I asked this not because I don't want to memorize them but because it's a pain to enter them each time (accessing Facebook takes some time when you have control on access...).
It's just something related to my laziness...
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #115
twobob

deleted - you have a touch (on the 3, keystroke automation is now understood to operate via lipc, but digging around on the 5... no, probably X events)

EDIT: Yep:

Code:
121112:190307 kb[1228]: D def:draw key highlight: label=s key_state=2 (prv_keyboard_draw_highlight:/home/jenkins-official/src/yoshi/juno_2_0_1/OFFICIAL/platform/bin/kb/lib/keyboard.c:406)
   121112:190307 kb[1228]: D def:xt9:key=115,0x73 userData=122688 (prv_key_handler:/home/jenkins-official/src/yoshi/juno_2_0_1/OFFICIAL/platform/bin/kb/plugins/predictor/common/efigs.c:715)
   121112:190307 kb[1228]: P def:kb:time=1352746987.476118 delay=2:candidate_key_press
   121112:190307 kb[1228]: P def:kb:time=1352746987.478454 delay=8:XSendEvent
   121112:190307 kb[1228]: D def:XSendEvent: keysym=39 keycode=115 window=0xc00034 (x11_send_key:/home/jenkins-official/src/yoshi/juno_2_0_1/OFFICIAL/platform/bin/kb/lib/x11.c:194)
   121112:190307 kb[1228]: P def:kb:time=1352746987.487244 delay=34:x11_sync
   121112:190307 kb[1228]: P def:kb:time=1352746987.475355 delay=46:release
so... keysym=39 keycode=115 window=0xc00034 (or whatever looped to enter your password)

EDIT:

Yep: [root@kindle root]# xsendkeycode 50 1; xsendkeycode 38 1; xsendkeycode 38 0; xsendkeycode 50 0; send a capital A

however xsendkey has the weird prefix-output (I am guessing SHIFT_L is mapped oddly or something)

I can provide a build of xsendkeycode and xsendkeys (and liblineak-0.9.so.0) if anyone wants it for the touch. thanks

Last edited by twobob; 11-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #116
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Actually I was asking about passwords only, just like the stock browser does.
I don't think stock browser remembers any passwords. I suppose you need skipstone to save cookies in a file. Sites like facebook save session data in cookies if you select "remember me" option. It is then used to log you in again without entering password.
I will look at skipstone cookies storing.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #117
twobob

Quote:
I don't think stock browser remembers any passwords. I suppose you need skipstone to save cookies in a file. Sites like facebook save session data in cookies if you select "remember me" option. It is then used to log you in again without entering password.
that would be very helpful. thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #118
baf
Evangelist

SkipStone 0.7

Quote:
I implemented persistent cookies in the new version. Please check if it solves your issue.
Yet I need to add possibility to delete stored cookies. For now you will have to manually delete file "/mnt/us/extensions/skipstone/settings/.skipstone/cookies".
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #119
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Quote:
I implemented persistent cookies in the new version. Please check if it solves your issue.
Yet I need to add possibility to delete stored cookies. For now you will have to manually delete file "/mnt/us/extensions/skipstone/settings/.skipstone/cookies".
Stock browser actually stores passwords (AFAIK)!
Anyway, your last release of SkipStone works and saves passwords!
Thanks for your work!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #120
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Some stuff

Hey Baf,

I tested now your Browser and it is really nice.
I write about it now.

What i like is all stuff of your browser
but here some bad things:
- if you slide with fingers without use the scrollbars you slide only two textlines so you have to slide very MUCH to be little bit more down and you can slide only in one direction not like the kindle browser (what would i be without this nice scrollbars )
- you have always to click on the symbol to open/close the "Writer" (do not know the word)
- you have to remove the full link in the linkbar by your own.

This are the bad things on this browser but it is of course 1000 times better than the kindle browser.

I have a other question. Can i change my "Writer"? -because this one from the kindle make me crazy.

And my other question is:
- is it possible to see the downloads after a download/downloads?

Best regards
Bagerfahrer

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 11-12-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, gui lanucher, kindle, launcher add-ons, touch