Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Question about the blue squares

I'm curious about the blue squares that appear under our names in our posts.

If you hover your mouse over them it tells you something about yourself - how does it know, and does it ever change?

Also, different posters have different quantities of squares - seemingly based on their MR experience - but is it number of posts, or length of membership, or what??

Just being nosey .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
the squares are a sort of visual representation of your karma (however they are not directly proportional, since i think there is a limit to how many squares you can have). the legend is your "karma fortune" (my personal favorite part of the whole karma system) ; it changes depending on your karma level. and it knows because teh karma knows all.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'd never even bothered to mouse over. Mine says "BookishDreamer knows what time it is". Freaky! I don't remember mentioning that I was a clock watcher! Must be psychic.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Ooh, spooky stuff!

Ta very much.

(I've a new found respect for UncleDuke!)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

when i first discovered the karma fortunes i spent more time reading them and looking for new ones than reading the posts. i'm sad now because my karma is too high and they don't change any more. i'm tempted to ask alex to reset me back to 0 so i can relive the joy of changing karma fortunes but i'm afraid if i do that i'd lose all the brilliant and hilarious comments people have left me, and that would be tragic.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Could somebody explain the three seashells?

Last edited by flumbo; 08-03-2008 at 05:15 PM.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumbo View Post
Could somebody explain the two seashells?
you have seashells ???? where ??
Old 08-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Ooh, spooky stuff!

Ta very much.

(I've a new found respect for UncleDuke!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
when i first discovered the karma fortunes i spent more time reading them and looking for new ones than reading the posts. i'm sad now because my karma is too high and they don't change any more. i'm tempted to ask alex to reset me back to 0 so i can relive the joy of changing karma fortunes but i'm afraid if i do that i'd lose all the brilliant and hilarious comments people have left me, and that would be tragic.
Yeah .... I personally love the level that Sparrow is at right now. Sparrow can herd cats with grace and ease.

Now see .... what I think would be cool is when we max out on our karma, we could just get to choose our fortune. Then, I'd be at herding cats with grace and ease permanently.

Oh yeah!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
You don't know how to use the 3 shells... ha ha ha ha ha.... what are you still in self-cleaning trousers?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Just swear a bit and use the paper fines to wipe.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote