Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Buss translation of Count of Monte Cristo

Has anyone found this as an ebook???
Books on Board claims to have it, but after buying it I find that, NOPE! It is a totally different translation! I specifically want the Buss translation, no other. I tried reading another translation (the free one on Guetenberg) but could not get into it at all. I decided to give it another go, and tried the pbook of the Buss translation. I love it!! But I am sick of carrying it around. It isn't exactly small, and it's getting some damage from my purse. I'd love the ebook version, but cannot find it!!!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I found a PDF version at ebookmall.com
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is available at Amazon in the US: The Count of Monte Cristo (Penguin Classics eBook). If the link does not work it is ASIN: B002RI9KL8.

In the US, this isn't explicitly attributed to Robin Buss but in the UK he is credited with the Introduction. In the UK it is at Amazon and also as an ePub at WHSmith. So it may be available as an ePub in the US also.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
The ISBN of the epub edition of this particular translation is 9780141901251. Check this against any listing you are considering to ensure you are getting the edition you want.

Here is Kobo's listing for this book: here. I'm outside the US so can't confirm is this is an edition you can buy.
colinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Here is Kobo's listing for this book: here.
This has the Penguin cover page, but it is by Simon & Schuster and does not seem to be the same as the Kindle version. Kobo also has the Penguin version and this seems to be the right one (copyright Robin Buss).
Old 11-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Odd, my link definitely shows as the Penguin version to me:

Quote:
www.penguin.com

First published 1844-5
This translation first published 1996
Reissued with new Chronology and Further Reading 2003

Copyright (c) Robin Buss, 1996, 2003
All rights reserved

EISBN 978-0-141-90125-1
Your link, on the other hand, is not available for sale in my region!
colinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Odd, my link definitely shows as the Penguin version to me:
My mistake. Your link gets me "not available" in the US. My link appears to be the same ebook in the US.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks guys! I did see it on amazon, but I don't know how to convert it from a Kindle book to epub or whatever.
Anywhoo...thanks so much for all your links!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Thanks guys! I did see it on amazon, but I don't know how to convert it from a Kindle book to epub or whatever.
Anywhoo...thanks so much for all your links!
It's easy. Remove the DRM (if you do look on google you'll find out how), and add it to Calibre. Then convert to Epub. That's how I did it
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
Loss Stop
Enthusiast
Loss Stop is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo 1, prs 350
Books on board has the epub, http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ook&BOOK=96392
Epub cost more than their other formats though ($10.50). Their "Adobe Digital Edition" (pdf I assume?) version has a different ISBN but costs much cheaper ($2.50).
Loss Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:54 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, no epub for me, only PDF and Microsoft Reader. So, I'd say that depends on where you live.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Thanks for posting this. Got the right version for my Kindle.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It is available at Amazon in the US: The Count of Monte Cristo (Penguin Classics eBook). If the link does not work it is ASIN: B002RI9KL8.

In the US, this isn't explicitly attributed to Robin Buss but in the UK he is credited with the Introduction. In the UK it is at Amazon and also as an ePub at WHSmith. So it may be available as an ePub in the US also.
Thanks much for the link! After reading some reviews I've bought the Buss trans. for Kindle.
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post

I bought the paper back of that version a couple of years ago (Before I had and Ereader) and it was a really good edition.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote