Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
ColMac
Connoisseur
ColMac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
"Add new Books" help

I'm a complete newbie here, just using the software for 3 days now, but so far, I love what I'm doing with it.

Wonder if someone can help me though.

I only have a few hundred books, and am only adding a few at a time, but I'm finding that when importing/adding books, there is no easy way to identify them once added. It appears that they are inserted at the top of the current view, but as soon as you move from there, you lose that order.

So my first question is am I missing an obvious solution to this problem.

If not is there a way when adding, to insert the word "new" to a field (I'm thinking series or a user field perhaps - I don't rely on existing series info much, preferring to check and add my own info anyway).

I've read the tutorial in regular expressions, and don't see how this will help as the word will not appear in the existing metadata anywhere. Also searched the forum, but didn't find any obvious answers.

Thanks

Colin
ColMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead.

Preferences -> Adding books

There is an option to add a tag to your books when adding them (something like 00New works well if you want to make sure it is in front of other tags).

You can also sort by the "Date" column which is the date the books were added.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
ColMac
Connoisseur
ColMac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Welcome to MobileRead.

Preferences -> Adding books

There is an option to add a tag to your books when adding them (something like 00New works well if you want to make sure it is in front of other tags).

You can also sort by the "Date" column which is the date the books were added.
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the prompt reply

I'm not seeing the option to add the tag you suggest. I just can't get my head around this. I've tried a bit of reading on the turoeial, but just can't get me little brain around it.

I think the sort date field might be one solution for me
ColMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Preferences | Import/Export | Adding Books | Tags to apply when adding a book
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Another option is to sort by column "Modified", it will show the last books entered in.
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert