Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
ishel
ishel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Resuming a PDF with the T1?

It seems that when I resume reading an ePub on my T1 it will re-commence at the place where I left off; but if I'm reading a PDF it just opens at the beginning and I have to remember where I got to each time. Is there any way to make the T1 resume a PDF at the place I left off reading?

(As the T1 is my first ereader, this issue may be well known and generic to all Sony readers or even most readers; but any guidance appreciated. I have tried to find an answer here and also in the manual).
ishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I don't have a T1, but on my 350, I always return to the page I left off at when reading pdf files. So it's not something generic to all Sony readers.

Does it happen with all pdfs? Possibly if it's only one, the formatting for it might be off and that's why it's returning to page 1.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I just tried a PDF on my PRS-T1. I closed it, opened a different book, then reopened the PDF. It correctly remembered all 3 of the following items:
- correct page
- the fact that I was reading it cropped to fit landscape width
- the custom contrast settings I'd previously set.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Try setting a bookmark (tap upper right corner of screen) and see if that works. PDF's work fine on mine so it may be just that one file.
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
CedroRosso
Enthusiast
CedroRosso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
My T1 remembers where I'm at in a pdf.
CedroRosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pdf, prs-t1, resume