Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 AM   #631
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Umm, no why would they? Using Add to Shelf you have to explicitly select which shelve(s) you want to add the books to. Using Upload tags as shelves it picks the shelves based on your tags. They are mutually independent operations with different objectives.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #632
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Umm, no why would they? Using Add to Shelf you have to explicitly select which shelve(s) you want to add the books to. Using Upload tags as shelves it picks the shelves based on your tags. They are mutually independent operations with different objectives.
OK, thanks...I was just thinking about times, when I want to add a group of books all to a (same) shelf, but they may also be going on other, genre based shelves due to tags and those would not always be the same throughout the group selected.

I can work around it, but wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing how to accomplish this.

TY
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #633
me.g33k
me.g33k began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
getting a NotImplementedError when using calibre-customize

Hi!

Just starting to use the plug-in and while trying to disable a bunch of unused device plugins on my install (Calibre 1.29 64bit) using the calibre-customize utility, I ran into this error:

Code:
calibre-customize --l
Type           Name                Version        Disabled       Site Customizat
ion

User Interface ActionGoodreads Sync      (1, 7, 3)      False
        Sync from Calibre with the shelves of your GoodReads.com account
        Python function terminated unexpectedly
   (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 132, in main
  File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 680, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 246, in customization
_help
NotImplementedError
Has this one been mentioned?

Appreciate any help on it and thanks again for your attention/consideration on this.

Regards!
me.g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #634
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me.g33k View Post
Hi!

Just starting to use the plug-in and while trying to disable a bunch of unused device plugins on my install (Calibre 1.29 64bit) using the calibre-customize utility, I ran into this error:

Code:
calibre-customize --l
Type           Name                Version        Disabled       Site Customizat
ion

User Interface ActionGoodreads Sync      (1, 7, 3)      False
        Sync from Calibre with the shelves of your GoodReads.com account
        Python function terminated unexpectedly
   (Error Code: 1)
  File "site.py", line 132, in main
  File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 680, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 246, in customization
_help
NotImplementedError
Has this one been mentioned?

Appreciate any help on it and thanks again for your attention/consideration on this.

Regards!
I don't think it is a Goodreads Sync problem, I get the same error (I remember this from a while back):
Code:
schwartze@ltsp22:~$ calibre-customize --l
Type           Name                Version        Disabled       Site Customization

File type      DeDRM               (6, 0, 8)      False          
	Removes DRM from Amazon Kindle, Adobe Adept (including Kobo), Barnes & Noble, Mobipocket and eReader ebooks. Credit given to i♥cabbages and The Dark Reverser for the original stand-alone scripts.
  File "site.py", line 58, in main
  File "/home/schwartze/git/calibre/src/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 680, in main
    print '\t', plugin.customization_help()
  File "/home/schwartze/git/calibre/src/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 246, in customization_help
    raise NotImplementedError
NotImplementedError
So it seems to be independent of what plugins there are.

It raised a "NotImplementedError", maybe that has something to do with it?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #635
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error will happen if one of your installed plugins marks itself as customizable but does not provice any customization help. I have fixed it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #636
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!

Change is here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7710e1b5dd6cfe
Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #637
me.g33k
me.g33k began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Thanks for the response and fix on that everyone!
me.g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #638
SoulkeepHL
SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SoulkeepHL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Forgive me if this has already been covered (I couldn't get the search to turn up anything useful), but is there anyway to get the plugin to pull & process the position of a book on a shelf? GoodReads' API makes it look like you could pull the position of the books on a given shelf, and I'd love to be able to pull the order of my "To Read" books into Calibre, but I can't see how I'd make that happen in the plugin.
SoulkeepHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #639
neonatus
neonatus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Problem activating goodreads sync plugin

Hi everyone,

I have read through the thread and I could not find a response for this (googling did not help either).

when I click on "Authorize Plugin with Goodreads" I get the following error message:
The Request contacting Goodreads has failed, please try again.

This is the content of the error (copy to clipboard button):
calibre, version 1.34.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/oauth/request_token
Response Code: 403
<html><body><h1>403 Forbidden</h1>
Request forbidden by administrative rules.
</body></html>

This is with the latest Goodreads sync plugin (installed from Calibre plugin manager) running on Windows 8 64bit.

Can you please advise on how to resolve this issue? I have never authorized or installed before, there are no activated apps on my Goodreads page.

Thank you and kind regards,
Bostjan
neonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #640
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

A 403 Forbidden error means a firewall/proxy is blocking the connection. Investigate what those "administrative rules" may be.

Sounds like the same kind of message I get when something was blocked by a proxy filter (school system ).
Old 04-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #641
neonatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
A 403 Forbidden error means a firewall/proxy is blocking the connection. Investigate what those "administrative rules" may be.

Sounds like the same kind of message I get when something was blocked by a proxy filter (school system ).
This is from my home computer - my firewall does not block outgoing traffic, I am not using any proxies to access the internet, nor is there any kind of other filtering involved in my outgoing traffic.
The goodreads page can be opened in (multiple) browser(s) without issues, from mine and other computers in the network.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #642
neonatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonatus View Post
This is from my home computer - my firewall does not block outgoing traffic, I am not using any proxies to access the internet, nor is there any kind of other filtering involved in my outgoing traffic.
The goodreads page can be opened in (multiple) browser(s) without issues, from mine and other computers in the network.
I even tried installing 64 bit version of Calibre, but I am still receiving the same issue. My browser never opens (I tried changing default browser to ffox, no difference).

If I try to open the page from the error directly in the browser I receive the same error, but if i change the http to https address I get an error saying invalide oauth token.

Is it possible that for some reason Goodreads now requires for the URL to be https instead of http?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #643
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonatus View Post
@neonatus - have you tried the following
  1. Disable firewall, disable AV, check router settings for any anomalies and then run calibre and do a quick test - does this PI work?
  2. Put a goodreads url into one of the Manage Authors->Author Link properties, and put a goodreads url into a comment - try to open the pages by clicking on them in Book Details - do they work?

Also paste those URL's onto your desktop - do they work from there ?
  3. Adjust metadata download settings to be Goodreads only, now do a metadata download on a book you know is on Goodreads - does it work ?

Those tests should be enable you to isolate the underlying cause of your problem - maybe you could post the results and your conclusions here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #644
neonatus

Please see my responses inline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@neonatus - have you tried the following
  1. Disable firewall, disable AV, check router settings for any anomalies and then run calibre and do a quick test - does this PI work?

No, tried all of that, no difference.
  2. Put a goodreads url into one of the Manage Authors->Author Link properties, and put a goodreads url into a comment - try to open the pages by clicking on them in Book Details - do they work?

Yes, that works fine.

Also paste those URL's onto your desktop - do they work from there ?
    You mean create an URL shortcut on the desktop? Yes, that also works fine.
  3. Adjust metadata download settings to be Goodreads only, now do a metadata download on a book you know is on Goodreads - does it work ?

I don't have goodreads under metadata downloads sites - can I get it there automatically somehow or do I need to set something specific there?
    (Going to Preferences -> Metadata Downloads)

Those tests should be enable you to isolate the underlying cause of your problem - maybe you could post the results and your conclusions here.

BR
Old 04-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #645
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@neonatus - Goodreads Metadata Download PI ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130638

BTW: I conclude that your problem has nothing to do with firewalls, AVs, routers etc. If the Goodreads Metadata Download is OK then the problem is almost certainly something to do with this PI.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads