Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #511
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Thank you apesmom for posting and worktolive for recommending, I grabbed it of course! I've had 'About Last Night' by her on my watchlist for a few weeks since it came up as a recommendation, but this one looks really great too.
About Last Night is my favorite of hers, and one of my top 10 reads last year. It's got everything I love in a romance - angst mixed with great humor, and really hot bedroom scenes that are not gratuitous. Ruthie writes atypical heroes and heroines that actually have real flaws and she isn't afraid to write darker than the usual romance.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #512
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
About Last Night is my favorite of hers, and one of my top 10 reads last year. It's got everything I love in a romance - angst mixed with great humor, and really hot bedroom scenes that are not gratuitous. Ruthie writes atypical heroes and heroines that actually have real flaws and she isn't afraid to write darker than the usual romance.
oooh, that sounds RIGHT up my alley. I'm going to move the one I just bought up on my TBR list, and if I get a good kobo coupon maybe just jump the gun and buy that one too. Thanks!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #513
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Ex And The Single Girl by Lani Diane Rich

In the Company of Secrets by Judith Miller
(Postcards from Pullman Book #1)
(Inspirational Historical Romance)

Silver Storm by Cynthia Wright
(The Raveneau Novels, Book 1)
Repeat Freebie

Lots of Indies:

Haunted on Bourbon Street
by Deanna Chase
(Jade Calhoun Series: Book 1)
Note: Audible is only $1.99 when you grab the ebook.
Highly Recommended to me.

Taking Charge by Mandy Baggot

Excess All Areas by Mandy Baggot

The Distant Shore
(Stone Trilogy) by Mariam Kobras

Come Fly With Me by Sandi Perry

Meeting Destiny by Nancy Straight
(Destiny Series - Book 1)

The Descent Series, Books 1-3 by SM Reine
(Death's Hand, The Darkest Gate, and Dark Union)

Love's Second Chance
by L.P. Dover
(Second Chances Series)

Unbound by Cat Miller
(The Forbidden Bond Series)

Bad Karma by J.D. Faver
The Edge of Texas-Bk 2 (Romantic Thriller)
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #514
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Romance of the Day $1.99

No Foolin' by Lisa Scott
(Willowdale Romance Novel)
Bell Bridge Books 2012

Quote:
Welcome to Willowdale, North Carolina, a small town where the folks are friendly, the romances are as sweet as the tea, and the biddies at the diner gobble up gossip like it’s peach cobbler. This may be their biggest scoop ever.

When sexy Hollywood bad-boy Teague “T-Rex” Reynolds comes to this quiet Southern town, he needs a fake girlfriend to hide the secret that brought him there. School nurse Kate Riley takes the job, but she won’t fall for a movie star, no ma’am. That’s fine with Teague. He hung a closed sign on his heart years ago.
Convincing the press they’re in love is one thing. Fooling each other they’re not is getting harder each day. Despite scandal, heartache, and misunderstandings galore, they might just find the sweet thrill of true love. Book one of The Willowdale Romances.
I grabbed this one even though my book budget is low till Payday. It's like $8 regular price and I just know I will regret it later if I don't get it this cheap.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #515
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale @ Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords, Nook

$0.99

Escapade by Kasey Michaels
(Regency Romance)
Originally published by Warner 1999

Original Blurb:

Quote:
The Viscount
For Simon Roxbury, the altogether self-satisfied Viscount Brocton, getting abducted at pistol point on the streets of London is disconcerting. But it is little compared to his discovery that his highwayman is no man at all, but a lithe, husky-voiced, green-eyed young woman.

The Vixen
Caledonia Johnston is tearing through London on her own mad, dangerous crusade to take her revenge on the dissolute nobleman who ruined her brother at cards. The victim of mistaken identity, Simon is amused by Callie's scheme and can't resist urging her to forsake her pistol for a much more dangerous weapon: her beauty. Soon he's teaching the untamed Callie the sensuous art of seduction...and she's learning all to well. Their litle escapade is spinning out of control, threatening not only a scoundrel, but the desires of both Callie's and Simon's hearts.
Are you a Kasey Michaels fan like I am? I am doing a happy dance here. I have a very ratty copy of this book. I was planning to read it soon and now I can pitch it and read the ebook! This is the second time this week a book I thought I have to read in paperback has show up in ebook form! No wonder I am near broke.

Oh I use one of those 20% off coupon at Kobo to get it for $0.79 cents.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #516
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
oooh, that sounds RIGHT up my alley. I'm going to move the one I just bought up on my TBR list, and if I get a good kobo coupon maybe just jump the gun and buy that one too. Thanks!
I've enjoyed all the Ruthie Knox books I've read. Ride With Me is the first book of hers I read and I loved it. Big Boy, a novella of hers I recently read, is another good one.

(Btw, the publisher for About Last Night is Random House; I don't think the coupons work on their books.)

Yesterday I bought another NA book, Deeper We Fall; it's $0.99 at Amazon and same price (and couponable) at Kobo.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #517
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I've enjoyed all the Ruthie Knox books I've read. Ride With Me is the first book of hers I read and I loved it. Big Boy, a novella of hers I recently read, is another good one.

(Btw, the publisher for About Last Night is Random House; I don't think the coupons work on their books.)

Yesterday I bought another NA book, Deeper We Fall; it's $0.99 at Amazon and same price (and couponable) at Kobo.
Yep, you're correct on About Last Night, Random House = no coupon. I actually just finished a book so will be starting Along Came Trouble right away.

Re: Deeper We Fall by Chelsea Cameron, I bought it the other day too! I just recently finished 'My Favorite Mistake' [and enjoyed] so I snapped that up without even a preview.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #518
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Ride With Me is the first book of hers I read and I loved it. Big Boy, a novella of hers I recently read, is another good one.
I'll agree, this book was a nice surprise. The cover and description made me think it would be an enjoyable (but forgettable) fluffy contemporary. But there was more depth to it than I expected.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #519
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Kindle Romance of the Day $1.99

No Foolin' by Lisa Scott
(Willowdale Romance Novel)
Bell Bridge Books 2012

I grabbed this one even though my book budget is low till Payday. It's like $8 regular price and I just know I will regret it later if I don't get it this cheap.
the author has a couple of short stories free, also.

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00547TCX0...ext&sort=price
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #520
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
the author has a couple of short stories free, also.

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00547TCX0...ext&sort=price
I saw those. I'm don't really read short stories unless they are part of a series I am reading. Still it's a good way to sample her writing I suppose.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #521
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
Just saw on it on Facebook. This is a exclusive offer from ibookstore so will not be offered from other retailers.

Get started on the Love Undercover series for FREE, this week only.
RUN THE RISK by Lori Foster
iBookStore's
[replaced shortend url with full link - moderator]
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/run...sk/id555434800

When Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to find Pepper Yates, a potential link to his best friend's unsolved murder, he vows to gain her cooperation by any means necessary. But the elusive beauty is more suspicious—and in far more danger—than he expected. And the last thing Logan needs is to start caring for her….

Pepper has spent years dodging the corrupt club owner who will stop at nothing to keep her silenced. She can trust no one, not even the handsome new "construction worker" who's moved in next door. The heat between them is undeniable. But will surrendering to passion bring her the safety she so desires—or will her feelings for Logan draw them both into a killer's crosshairs?

Last edited by dreams; 04-24-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: replaced shortend url with full link - moderator
Christyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #522
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free today: This Time Next Door by Gretchen Galway.

I stumbled across this book awhile ago because I totally have a weakness for geeky heroes. According to the description, it was previously published under the title "The Geek Who Loved Me". Apparently it is part of a series, but it sounds like they are only loosely connected, so I'm going to ignore my OCD and read it without reading the first book.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #523
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyv View Post
Just saw on it on Facebook. This is a exclusive offer from ibookstore so will not be offered from other retailers.

Get started on the Love Undercover series for FREE, this week only.
RUN THE RISK by Lori Foster
iBookStore's
[replaced shortend url with full link - moderator]
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/run...sk/id555434800

If you report it to Amazon once it's free they will price match it.

I reported it to Amazon. Everyone do the same so it will go free.

Last edited by dreams; 04-24-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: replaced shortend url, in quote, with full link - moderator
Old 04-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #524
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Far Horizons by Kate Hewitt
(The Emigrants Trilogy)

Titanic Affair by Amanda Grange

Valeria's Cross by Kathi Macias
(Inspirational Romance)

Dead Reckoning by Ronie Kendig
(Inspirational Suspense)

Indies:

Lawless by Cindy Stark
(Aspen Series #2)

Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll by Mia Dymond
(SEALS, Inc., Book 1)

SEAL Endeavor by Sharon Hamilton
(SEAL Brotherhood)

The Love Handles Club by Liv Morris
(Love in the City Short)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #525
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale @ Amazon, Nook Kobo & ARE $0.99

Run Wild by Shelly Thacker
(Escape with a Scoundrel)
Historical Romance (Georgian)
Formally published as Hearts Run Wild by Avon in 1996

Quote:
PASSION RUNS DEEP
An impossible situation drives Samantha Delafield to commit a desperate act and forces the orphaned beauty to flee her world of privilege. But her fate takes a shocking turn when she is arrested for petty thievery and shackled to a dangerous criminal.

HEARTS RUN WILD
Nicholas Brogan is a man tormented by his past as England's most notorious pirate. Now a blackmailer's threats have drawn him out of seclusion--and into the hands of the British magistrates. Manacles bind him to a beautiful young hellion who enflames Nicholas with passions he has struggled to suppress--tempting him to care, to want, to feel. And now Nicholas and Samantha must escape together, for their destinies are linked by chains far stronger than the iron that holds them captive . . . and only love can set their imprisoned hearts free.
I've been waiting for her to release this one. It's only 99 cents for a limited time so grab it. It has the same Trope as Fortune's Mistress I just read. Two convicts escaping together, so I am so looking forward to this one!

Last edited by Blossom; 04-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.