Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Emailing books through Calibre to Kindle

I haven't seen on this forum (unless I missed it) how to email more than one book at a time. I did figure out, thanks to the forum, emailing one book through Calibre.

Does Amazon frown if you send lots of books? If I connect using USB through Calibre then it won't have the voice reading the book will it? I like having that option.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I haven't seen on this forum (unless I missed it) how to email more than one book at a time. I did figure out, thanks to the forum, emailing one book through Calibre.

Does Amazon frown if you send lots of books? If I connect using USB through Calibre then it won't have the voice reading the book will it? I like having that option.
Hi

I think I've only ever emailed one book to my Kindle via Calibre so apologies if I'm not much help. What happens if you use the CTRL button on your computer to select more than one book in Calibre and then trying to email?

If you're receiving the books via WIFI to your Kindle, I don't see why Amazon would care but the larger the file(s) the longer it will take to download. If you want to receive the file(s) from Calibre via 3G on a Kindle then you will be charged a fee for however big the file(s) are.

Afraid I don't know about the text to speech - some books have this enabled and some don't. Not sure where Calibre comes into that?

You might get better answers in the Calibre forum here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #3
Barneyabz
Enthusiast
Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
If I connect using USB through Calibre then it won't have the voice reading the book will it? I like having that option.
I use USB to transfer my books and the voice reading works fine.

Cheers

Barney
Barneyabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I've only ever transferred one book at a time via Calibre using the myname@free.kindle.com address. To the best of my knowledge you can only go one at a time.

I don't believe that there is any correlation between books received via USB or email and the voice reading. If this has happened for you I think it is purely coincidence.

Audio is the choice of the author of the book to decide whether they wish the audio to be withheld. By default audio is allowed unless the author specifically requests it not to be. Examples of this include authors who have also released the same book in Audio Book format and wish to get both sets of sales/royalties.

Brewjono
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
fulltimer
Enthusiast
fulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenfulltimer has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K2, K3(3G-WIFI), Fire
I emailed 90 ebooks to my daughter via her free. kindle account using calibre.

If you use your ISP's pop mail account it goes really fast. If you do it with a web based email account such as gmail or hotmail it is rather slow.

Simply select all the books you want to send by either holding the control button down and selecting each one or selecting the first and then holding the shift key selecting the last and click send via email in Calibre.

don

Last edited by fulltimer; 01-06-2011 at 07:59 AM.
fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
cindyw9
cindyw9 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sure you can highlight them.... as many as you want and they will send, but the receiver still gets them one at a time correct?

Is there a way like when you sent an email from yahoo.. etc where you can attached 3,4 5 or more files in one email, is it possible to email through calibre like that?
cindyw9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Never knew you could do this! Yay for MR forums
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyw9 View Post
Sure you can highlight them.... as many as you want and they will send, but the receiver still gets them one at a time correct?

Is there a way like when you sent an email from yahoo.. etc where you can attached 3,4 5 or more files in one email, is it possible to email through calibre like that?
Hmm. What difference does it make if Calibre queues them to send one at a time or if they are sent as one email with many attachments? Unless you're talking about very large books, the amount of time you might save is negligible.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
cindyw9
cindyw9 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Hmm. What difference does it make if Calibre queues them to send one at a time or if they are sent as one email with many attachments? Unless you're talking about very large books, the amount of time you might save is negligible.
The difference is if you are sending the books to another person, wouldnt it be nice to receive just one email with 5 books attached instead of 5 emails with one book attached?

I'd perfer the one email with 5 books attached myself.
cindyw9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyw9 View Post
The difference is if you are sending the books to another person, wouldnt it be nice to receive just one email with 5 books attached instead of 5 emails with one book attached?

I'd perfer the one email with 5 books attached myself.
Sorry, I thought the thread was about emailing them to your Kindle via Amazon.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote