Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Just to let everyone know, I'm going to release this version and a version for the Kindle 3 in the coming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlincho View Post
Hello,
1. Unread items are marked with a line infront of them - I think it will be better to have uneread ones Bold and read ones with Normal as they are seen in google reader itslef.

2. Selecting "Mark all items read" or "Back to feeds" on a feed that is in "Folder" of feeds - reloads Root page instead of loading "folder" that was feed we red before.

3. Open feed. Open next page with older items. Open random item. Selecting "Back to Items" returns in the first page of items. Expected to return on page that last item was opened was.
These will be implemented in a later version. Also included will be label jumping, so when selecting a label you can go directly to all items in that label if you desire (via option in settings).

Quote:
Hello,
4. Open in browser - doesn't seems to do anything. page justs stays as it was. May be this is not yet implemented
I will fix this for the release version. (Edit: Fixed as of now.)

Quote:
Hello,
5. RSS item that fail to load
On some of items in this feed are loaded only headlines. No item text is shown.
Feed: http://www.netinfo.bg/ni_gennews.php?p=2&c=10&last=1
Example item: http://www.vesti.bg/index.phtml?tid=40&oid=3271191
This feed just doesn't have content outside of headlines. Look at it in any RSS reader and it displays this way.

Thanks!
Ben

Last edited by Fmstrat; 09-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
Fmstrat

OK everyone, thanks for the input, and the application is live! See the first thread for updates.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #18
mgfneo
mgfneo began at the beginning.

Device: nook
works great!
mgfneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
hifimusic
hifimusic began at the beginning.

Device: nook
my two cents

This is an excellent web app. A couple of suggestions:

1. Open in browser isn't working for me for blogger blogs.
2. There is no log out link.. I had to erase my cookies to log out.
3. Having "add subscription" functionality would be awesome.

Thanks!
hifimusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
Fmstrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimusic View Post
This is an excellent web app. A couple of suggestions:

1. Open in browser isn't working for me for blogger blogs.
2. There is no log out link.. I had to erase my cookies to log out.
3. Having "add subscription" functionality would be awesome.

Thanks!
1) Can you provide me with a specific feed URL?

2) I'm actually rewriting the entire login code. I've had some reports of people getting messages from Google about invalid logins because of the OAuth implementation I'm using. To solve this, I'm switching to OpenID+OAuth. This will directly tie the application to Google, just like the official Google Reader. Logging in and logging out will be controlled by your Google login status. I've already got the Webapp registered there, and am working on the code this weekend.

3) I'll look to add this, but sharing and viewing shared items is first on the list since I've already got that code from the WP7 version.

Thanks,
B.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #21
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Just got my Kindle and checked out your RSS app. Very nice! Thank you for sharing. Nice to see another Pennsylvanian in here
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #22
Fmstrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Just got my Kindle and checked out your RSS app. Very nice! Thank you for sharing. Nice to see another Pennsylvanian in here
Thanks! Although, while I spend a TON of time in PA, I actually live in NC.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #23
Fmstrat

OK everyone, OpenID+OAuth (Google's Federated Login) is going live today.

What does this mean?
You will no longer "Log on" to G:RSS-Web. Instead you will "connect" to Google as G:RSS-Web is now a Registered Google Web App.

How do I do it?
Simply go to the login screen, and click the "Sign-in with Google" link. This will take you through a quick two step process:
  1. Sign-in to nowsci.com using your Google ID
  2. Allow G:RSS-Web to access Google Reader

What about logging out?
Clicking the new "Logout" link will remove the connection to Google in the session. At any point if you are still signed in to Google, clicking the "Sign-in with Google" link again will take you directly into your feeds.

You can truely "Log out" just like you would from Google Reader, by logging out of Google after G:RSS-Web.

You can permanently disconnect from G:RSS-Web and remove the authorizations by visiting your Account page on Google.

When will it be live?
Tonight.

What if I have problems?
Feel free to post here.

Thanks,
B.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #24
flyash
Groupie
flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flyash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Stupid question, but this is for online reading only, correct? Meaning, it cannot download the feeds for later offline reading.

Calibre's news aggregation method is a bit clunky, but it does have the benefit of offline reading.
flyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #25
Fmstrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyash View Post
Stupid question, but this is for online reading only, correct? Meaning, it cannot download the feeds for later offline reading.

Calibre's news aggregation method is a bit clunky, but it does have the benefit of offline reading.
That is correct. I had considered making a version that would download articles for those with rooted devices, but decided the audience was probably not large enough.

Thanks,
B.

Tags
g:rss, google reader, rss