Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Is there a good pen-size stylus for iPad?

I'd prefer one that's standard pen size, for better grip. All the ones I've seen are smaller, which seems awkward to me.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I've tried the Pogo Sketch and the Radtech Styloid. I prefer the Styloid. Both are smaller than a pen. Search over at gottabemobile.com for other options and a video of someone making their own normal size stylus from a pen.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
I haven't come across a pen size iPad stylus. The Boxwave stylus I use is a bit thicker than the other styli but still shorter than a pen.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Thanks, JoeC and lilman. Seems weird that a stylus has to be small. I guess they were that way for starters because they often were clipped to small devices. With tablets and such, seems that there'd be much less need for that, so there should be more choice.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Maggie - I think the intent of the current batch of options were designed with the iPhone in mind hence the small factor. It appears that quite a few people are inking on their iPads ( I really like Penultimate) so this will probably change. I found the link to the demo of how to make your own in case you are interested:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2010/05...citive-screens
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Thanks, JoeC. Maybe I'll get a regular stylus for now and see what pops up on the retail market as tablets spread.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I don't think there is one at this point, but will be soon. I have the Pogo and it's okay (but my Pug chewed it up) but really to thin for my use.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
All I've been able to find is two Pogo models: one too small (the sketch) and the other one even smaller. I picked-up the sketch anyway and I'm less than impressed.

The "point" on the stylus is blunt and allows me to write on apps such as Penultimate only slightly finer than with a finger. It also seems like there is a slight delay before it begins to work. The only advantage is that it feels more natural writing with a pen-like instrument.

I was warned about the clip part breaking off by the sales clerk--apparently many people return them for that reason. Sure enough, despite being extremely gentle in handling it, the clip broke off the second time I used it. It seems very brittle and has almost no bend to it at all.

Hopefully something better will come along soon.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote