Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Slash5
Slash5 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Sony PRS-505
Clearing books in cache

Anyone know if there is a method of clearing the books in the memory cache other than doing a reset?

If I have a bad epub and reload a new version on the Jetbook, the old, bad book will continue to display. I have to do a reset to get the new version to display.
Slash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Have you tried deleting the bad one in the file manager, then once its gone reload it?
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Actually, yes, I've experienced this before myself. Clear that book's entry in the Recent Readings list. Or, clear the entire list (warning: this will lose your place in whatever books you have been reading).
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Actually, yes, I've experienced this before myself. Clear that book's entry in the Recent Readings list. Or, clear the entire list (warning: this will lose your place in whatever books you have been reading).
Unstead of using a paperclip to reboot the Jetbook, I have an even simpler method. Sometimes I load a new ePub book open it up to look at it, close it, and try to reopen my last book. Lo and behold only the first page of my original book will show up. Or when I try to load a new book it hangs up with the hour glass continuing to turn. In all cases I bit the back key repeatedly until I get to the top menu with the books, pictures, etc. Then I go back in and everything has mysteriously corrected itsef and both books open ok.
Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote