Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
jimmyzou
Connoisseur
jimmyzou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader; Kobo; Nook color
Does Sony Ebook Library show reflowed PDF?

Since my PRS500 was broken by my lovely wife, I have been hesitating of buying a PRS505 due to the tiny product improvement of the successor, and from time to time I came here to see what's going on with EINK readers.

Today I was attracted by PRS505's new firmware feature: " reflow PDF" function. It's truly impressing.

Can anyone tell that if I can see the reflowed result of a PDF book? as the PDF can be previewed in ebook library before I load it into reader when I was using PRS500.
jimmyzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzou View Post
Can anyone tell that if I can see the reflowed result of a PDF book? as the PDF can be previewed in ebook library before I load it into reader when I was using PRS500.
Yes. See Sony's Windows ebook Reader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
jimmyzou
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Thanks.
I loaded a PDF into "ebook library" which is ebook reader from sony, but I can not see any "reflow" and option to do that?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The "S" size shows the original full-page view, "M" and "L" are both reflowed versions with different font sizes.

If this isn't happening, perhaps you have an old version - or perhaps Adobe Digital Editions isn't installed on your PC.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
jimmyzou
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The "S" size shows the original full-page view, "M" and "L" are both reflowed versions with different font sizes.

If this isn't happening, perhaps you have an old version - or perhaps Adobe Digital Editions isn't installed on your PC.
Wow, I tried, it did the job nicely and decently, which never happen before when I used PRS500's version.
I think I'm gonna buy one 505
Advert