Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
PE slow start-up after upgrades from 1.6? is it just mine?

hi there. all the upgrades work great but i notice that i'm having problems w/ slow start up.

it takes a very long time for SUPERUSER to grant permissions to apps at the start up and WIFI to connect. i have a inkling it has to do with something i can modify in the system/etc folder that contains various networking configs but i'm not sure. or maybe changing/adding some lines in the build.prop.

i just wanna know if this is happening to anyone else or just me? thnx =]

Last edited by multiprose; 04-19-2012 at 05:54 PM.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
i'm pretty sure it's not just me lol but i guess it only bothers me. anyway here is a fix. i removed su busybox and superuser.apk from allmine-system.zip and used z4root to root it. z4root provides the BLACK superuser instead of the green. apparently the green one is buggy, and that's why there's the new SUPERSU out to fix it. SUPERSU will work on the edge but don't update the binary.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert