Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
How do I download from the Reader for pc

I recently got a windows 7 pc and my older sony library software doesn't work on it so I downloaded Reader for PC but I am having issues with it. I tried sync a book to my 505 reader but it says that the device needs to be authorized and when I click okay that message just continues to pop up. In the store portion of the reader I went to my account and it has my device listed so I am not sure what I am suppose to do now.
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think you should authorize it using ADE although I seem to remember the Sony software doing that. The newest Sony reader software is not totally compatable with older readers in my experience. It seems to me though I may be remembering wrong that you do have to install Adobe Digital editions even with the older software.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I have no problem with my hp slate tablet running windows 7 professional. I'm able to transfer books to my 505 without a hitch. I actually like the sony pc software. If I buy a book while on my desktop running xp, it shows up on my slate.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The thing to do is to search the forum for the solution to get Reader Library fully uninstalled/fixed and use that. Reader For PC is not good.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Thanks everyone, I finally figured it out. I had to deauthorize my device (using shift+ctrl and clicking on edit) and then reauthorize it .
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
good for you
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote