Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #46
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjoseph1 View Post
Booxtor, have you heard of a fault in which the "back" and "menu" capacitive buttons on the M90 just suddenly cease registering contacts? I am extremely frustrated by Onyxboox.com (the USA reseller).
Maybe you have locked these keys. Hold down the IR button for a few seconds to bring up the commands that unlock the home and return keys.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #47
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
Maybe you have locked these keys. Hold down the IR button for a few seconds to bring up the commands that unlock the home and return keys.
Thanks! You were faster
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #48
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
That was it! Thanks, Booxtor! (Although several months ago, I was reading the Onyx INternational discussion board, and failures of the capacitive buttons seemed to be common in the M90.) I confess I have been babying my device. I was freaked out by the reports of unreliability of the M90, and this seemed like the beginning of the end. When the control buttons failed during a bar review session, I was very upset.

Booxtor, would you upgrade to the M92 from the M90, if you had no mechanical or physical failures of the unit? (The software/firmware aside - I've adapted to its idiosyncrasies.)
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #49
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
If you mean the "dead pixels" issue - it was discovered by just a couple of devices and we have replaced those devices. But during inspecting them some days later what a surprise - the problem was gone. We could not discover no one sole "dead" pixel! I am pretty sure it was because of cold transport - the eink just needed some time to be "fluid" again...
I think I will wait for HD screen on 10-inch devices before upgrading.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote