Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
rutgurt
Enthusiast
rutgurt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Delivery date for Touch Lighted Leather cover?

I am a bit worried. I ordered my Kindle Touch 3G and the lighted leaver cover black on September 28 and I originally had an estimated ship date for sometime around November 23rd. I changed the shipping address for my order and suddenly my lighted leather cover's shipment status changed to: "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item" with no estimated date given.

I am very frustrated and contacted Amazon support, and they have assured me that I have not lost my place in the que, with no explanation as to why this status changed as soon as i changed my shipment address.

Can anyone who ordered their lighted leather cover (preferably Black) AFTER September 28 please tell me what their shipment estimate date shows as in their Amazon account?
rutgurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
I don't think there is anything to worry about - it'll come eventually.

Mine still says "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will be dispatched separately. You can cancel at any time." and has for some time. I forget when it changed from an estimate of 22 November. I assume they are so busy they thought it better to take away a specific date until they know exactly when it will ship.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I ordered mine on Sept 28 as well and had a firm shipping date of Nov 28-30. A week ago I changed my shipping to 2 days and the date for the cover was changed to "We'll notify you via e-mail ..." I also called Amazon CS for an explanation and was given the same reply. I agree that Amazon really does not know when the covers will be available for shipping and therefore cannot give us a firm date.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I ordered my lighted cover on Sept 28th. My account still shows an estimated delivery date of Nov 28th.

There have been lots of rumors going around as to why the status of the lighted cover has changed but nobody knows for sure....I guess we'll find out on the 28th when the first ones are supposed to arrive.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
I hope it's soon! I'm getting my Kindle stuff via a proxy, so I have to wait for all my stuff to arrive before it then gets forwarded to me. Kindle arrives there tomorrow and then has to wait for the cover...
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ugh! I just checked my order for the cover and there's now a remark that it will be delivered after Dec 25

I just hope that by changing the shipping speed I was not kicked to the end of the line.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
rutgurt
Enthusiast
rutgurt began at the beginning.

Device: none
joehunt, what date did you originally order the lighted cover? I hope we don't all have to wait that long. I am living overseas and have to have my stuff shipped to me from family in USA. I'd rather be able to have it sent in one package, not two.
rutgurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
JoHunt
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgurt View Post
joehunt, what date did you originally order the lighted cover? I hope we don't all have to wait that long. I am living overseas and have to have my stuff shipped to me from family in USA. I'd rather be able to have it sent in one package, not two.
I ordered it a few hours after the announcement of new Kindles on September 28
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubElement View Post
I hope it's soon! I'm getting my Kindle stuff via a proxy, so I have to wait for all my stuff to arrive before it then gets forwarded to me. Kindle arrives there tomorrow and then has to wait for the cover...
Same. And my Fire is already there. Maybe there is a product problem.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I am surprised at the number of people who have to have someone in the USA ship to them! It's completely absurd, in this global society, that Amazon does not offer Kindles worldwide. Individuals on eBay ship worldwide, so you have to wonder why a large company can't. I could understand if you lived on the moon or mars or something...

Anyway, I was wondering if there were lighted covers available for the new Kindles. Now I know. I couldn't live without mine on my K3.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
They can barely meet the demand for these devices domestically.

Shocking, I know, that an American corporation wants to serve their American customers first.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
They can barely meet the demand for these devices domestically.

Shocking, I know, that an American corporation wants to serve their American customers first.
They managed an international release with their k3

Actually, more shocking is that they couldn't ramp up production enough to produce enough of the touch to satisfy global markets. They are mass produced in China after all. They missed a brilliant opportunity for Christmas. And who knows what competing products will be out for next year.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Unfortunately, Amazon's ordering system is notorious for being flawed in this regard. If you change the shipping speed, even if paying MORE to receive your item early, their system "refreshes" (Cust. Service's term) and your original place in the queue no longer exists.

This has been a major complaint from customers for years and they have yet to "fix" it!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
I placed mine on oct 3 with overnight shipping via prime, my delivery date of nov 23 has stayed the same from the start. It's for the black color.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #15
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
I just got an update.... December 16th.... WOW
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote