Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #61
trex_daemon
Enthusiast
trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle 3 Wifi
Update: I've flashed the 3.3 kernel with k3flasher, now the bootloader says:

U-Boot 1.3.0-rc3-lab126 (Jul 31 2010 - 01:08:40)

CPU: Freescale i.MX35 at 532 MHz
Board: MX35 Luigi [ POR]
WDOG_WCR = 0xff31
WDOG_WMCR = 0x0
Board Id: SP1B000000000000
S/N: B008A0A003553BE8
DRAM: 256 MB
Using default environment

In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
No ethernet found.
i.MX35 CPU board version 2.0
Net: No ethernet found.
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
## Booting image at 87f40400 ...
Bad Magic Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex_daemon View Post
I had a bricked kinde. I've reflashed into it everything (kernel, rootfs, mmc0) from a backup I had from a different kindle.
Now it starts, but the old files still show up in the kindle's menu, even if the exported partition was formatted).
I've connected a serial console to it, but for some reason the TX is not working (probably for the level shifter i've used wrong diodes), but the txt does.
I've tried to update with this kernel, so I can export the whole partition, but I'm getting the following error:
*** CHECKING /mnt-us/update_kindle_3.3_custom_kernel_k3w.bin ***
INFO:do_unbundle: filename=/mnt-us/update_kindle_3.3_custom_kernel_k3w.bin, new_file=0x0000db70
ERROR:OTA bundles are not supported.ERROR:do_unbundle: parse_sysbundle_header failed with error code 22
ERROR:Could not unbundle /mnt-us/update_kindle_3.3_custom_kernel_k3w.bin
INFO:removing /mnt-us/update_kindle_3.3_custom_kernel_k3w.bin

Any idea why ? What's the right procedure to install this kernel ?
trex_daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #62
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What exactly did you flash? A stock 3.3 kernel or yifan's? If you flashed yifan's, did you properly extract it from the update package with kindletool, or did you build it from source?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert