Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
wishlist?

This item talks about flagging books in a catalog as being on a wishlist.

How does one flag a book to put on a wish list? is this a yes/no custom column or something?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See the Creating Catalogs sticky. The Wishlist feature is described in the Catalog Options section.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I just "add empty book" (in the Add Book dropdown), set the title and author, and add a "wishlist" tag.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, so wishlist is just an item in the tags list?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
oh, so wishlist is just an item in the tags list?
For me: an Empty book without MY <In Paper Library> tag is a wishlist book (Why else have it in my book list:Have or Want )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I'm still confused - how do you tag a book as wish list so that it gets an X by the title in a catalog. (Am I simply being overly dense this morning?)
Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As I understand it you decide on a tag that you are going to use for wish list items, and tag book entries for the wishlist with the desired tag. Then when getting ready to generate the catalog you tell calibre what tag you used to indicate wishlist entries.

I do not actually use the catalog feature but that is my understanding.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard

ok, I created an empty book, and put "wishlist" in the tags field on Edit Metadata, and created a catalog, specifying that wishlist would be called out - and when I created the catalog, I didn't get an X by the tagged empty book.

So where do I indicate that a book is on a wishlist? do I need to make a custom column called Wishlist?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ok, I created an empty book, and put "wishlist" in the tags field on Edit Metadata, and created a catalog, specifying that wishlist would be called out - and when I created the catalog, I didn't get an X by the tagged empty book.

So where do I indicate that a book is on a wishlist? do I need to make a custom column called Wishlist?
Here, when you first start the Catalog Generate:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WishTag.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	89850  
Old 07-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
BeccaPrice
Wizard

ah. But where do I say which book is on the wishlist? is that a metadata tag/ and what does the +placeholder+ mean? it's not from a dropdown list, so it's clearly something that's entered... what other sorts of entries can be made here? is this documented anywhere?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
ah. But where do I say which book is on the wishlist? is that a metadata tag/ and what does the +placeholder+ mean? it's not from a dropdown list, so it's clearly something that's entered... what other sorts of entries can be made here? is this documented anywhere?
That is MY tag
Tags with a + get a different treatment for other purpose (it is somewhere in the manual/FAQ/Ballon help)
Old 07-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
BeccaPrice
Wizard

OK, I'm clearly not asking my question right.

There seems to be two parts to my question:

one: tagging a book as part of a wishlist. Does that get done in the Tags field or do you create a custom field called "wishlist"?

two: telling the catalog generator to look for the wishlist indicator so it'll put an X on the catalog.

I can't find anywhere in the documentation on how to make this feature work.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
OK, I'm clearly not asking my question right.

There seems to be two parts to my question:

one: tagging a book as part of a wishlist. Does that get done in the Tags field or do you create a custom field called "wishlist"?

two: telling the catalog generator to look for the wishlist indicator so it'll put an X on the catalog.

I can't find anywhere in the documentation on how to make this feature work.
That is my Normal tag, AND the matching instruction to the Catalog: When you see this tag:It is a wishlist item.

No custom columns (they did not even exist when this feature first appeared)
Old 07-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@BeccaPrice:

For any book you wish tagged as a Wishlist item, add the tag 'Wishlist' in the metadata editor. When building your catalog, specify 'Wishlist' as the tag you've used to indicate a Wishlist item. That's all you have to do.

There's nothing magic about the tag - you could use 'Wanted' or any tag you like.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
BeccaPrice
Wizard

ok, thanks, GRiker. That gives me exactly what I needed to know.

Apparently it's case sensitive. "Wishlist" doesn't mark anything; "wishlist" does when the tag is "wishlist", which is why it didn't work the first time I played with it.

now, one last question, for theducks. I've looked through the manual, and read about the template language, but I don't see what the special function for the + is. Could you explain it simply for me?