Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Slow/No Downloads?

Got my K3 yesterday (Yeah! Love it...) and downloaded my current reading list. I also transferred my newspaper subscription to the new K3.

Today - no newspaper edition when I got up (it is usually there and ready). Also, I tried adding a couple more books from my archive, and they won't download. (Says "0%, pending" in the downloading items menu) I'm connected on wifi and can browse the web. I also tried using 3G instead of wifi with no luck.

So - it downloaded books fine yesterday and is obviously connecting to the internet fine. I'm thinking something is wrong on Amazon's side - servers too tied up?

Anyone else getting downloads now?
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Worked for me on Kindle for Mac, so I doubt that Amazon's infrastructure is kaput. Checked on the iPod, that downloaded one OK too.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Finally had to do a hard reset - that got things "flowing" again. Wonder what caused that? Hope it is not a regular event...
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote